Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Amoled Screen/Screen Real Estate, How much do they matter?

Tip us?

dlscott1111
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default [Q] Amoled Screen/Screen Real Estate, How much do they matter?

Been reading articles and watching videos featuring the s5 vs. g3 vs. m8, etc, etc, and the Super Amoled screen doesn't seem to be getting the respect it deserves. Maybe this is just a personal preference but the screen on the s5 is simply Amazing! The vibrant colors, the brighter brights, and the darker darks are unmatched by others.

Anyway, is it just me or are there other Amoled "Junkies" out there? Anyone else have trouble going from an Amoled to a non-amoled?

Also, the comparison videos/review don't seem to take into account the s5's "Screen Real Estate" vs. others. For instance the M8 and the G3 both devote a decent part of their screen to the soft keys, while the s5 gives you 100% of the screen by keeping the soft keys below the screen.

Anyway, I hope there are others out there who appreciate the Amoled and the screen real estate. Don't feel the s5 is getting enough love out there for these features.

Really curious how important an Amoled screen and/or "screen real estate" is when considering your phone purchases? Don't hear this talked about very much and don't see many (if any) threads devoted solely to these topics.

ezas
Old
Thanks Meter 296
I like AMOLED screens. I like the black/blacks.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Nexus 7 2013 - Mahdi/Elemental
Note 2 - Jett ROM 3.0/ Agni

Retired:
Nexus 7 2012 - Droid Charge - Samsung Fascinate - Galaxy Player 5.0 - Droid Charge