[Q] Device status custom?

OP Spartan117H3

21st July 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I was playing around with Wanam Xposed's System Holo Dark Background which caused my device status to show as Custom in both download mode and booting, and have since disabled it which puts it back to official.

My questions are:
1. Will this affect my Knox status?
2. How do I check my Knox status?
3. Will anything in Xposed trip Knox?

I'm just trying to get information on how to not trip knox. As far as I've researched, I can't flash kernels, no custom recovery, no roms (except for in safestrap) downgrade, no bootloader unlocks, and pretty much the only thing I can do is flash a stock OFW via ODIN if I ever wanted to remove root or something. Thanks.

Edit: SuperSU disabling knox means it disables the corporate security stuff linked to emails and whatnot, not the flag/efuse itself, correct?
Last edited by Spartan117H3; 21st July 2014 at 04:20 AM.
21st July 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 56

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan117H3

I was playing around with Wanam Xposed's System Holo Dark Background which caused my device status to show as Custom in both download mode and booting, and have since disabled it which puts it back to official.

My questions are:
1. Will this affect my Knox status?
2. How do I check my Knox status?
3. Will anything in Xposed trip Knox?

I'm just trying to get information on how to not trip knox. As far as I've researched, I can't flash kernels, no custom recovery, no roms (except for in safestrap) downgrade, no bootloader unlocks, and pretty much the only thing I can do is flash a stock OFW via ODIN if I ever wanted to remove root or something. Thanks.

Edit: SuperSU disabling knox means it disables the corporate security stuff linked to emails and whatnot, not the flag/efuse itself, correct?

No, it shouldn't affect your Knox status. You can check Knox using some apps on the Play store... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo is a good, simple one, that also shows the Knox counter. As for anything in Xposed, not sure. I wouldn't think so, but I only use one or two apps for it. Honestly, I don't use it most of the time, as it has caused me more problems than it's worth.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Threezees For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 199

547 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threezees

No, it shouldn't affect your Knox status. You can check Knox using some apps on the Play store... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo is a good, simple one, that also shows the Knox counter. As for anything in Xposed, not sure. I wouldn't think so, but I only use one or two apps for it. Honestly, I don't use it most of the time, as it has caused me more problems than it's worth.

+1 for above reply. Also, a quick search of the forums for the VZW S5, has many repeat similar posts for questions just like this with the same answers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kprice8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threezees

No, it shouldn't affect your Knox status. You can check Knox using some apps on the Play store... is a good, simple one, that also shows the Knox counter. As for anything in Xposed, not sure. I wouldn't think so, but I only use one or two apps for it. Honestly, I don't use it most of the time, as it has caused me more problems than it's worth.

Ah, I totally forgot about phone info since it didn't work on my previous phone. Yeah I have a bunch of stuff from Xposed as on my previous phone, I had AOKP and tended to change a bunch of stuff, although I've noticed a lot of things on Xposed has not been made fully compatible with the S5 yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8

+1 for above reply. Also, a quick search of the forums for the VZW S5, has many repeat similar posts for questions just like this with the same answers.

I guess my searching skills suck then. When searching for "Verizon S5 Knox checker", Google shows root methods (because they're listed as not tripping knox). When searching in this subforum for "knox check", all I see is one other thread about unlocking the bootloader. "check knox" returns nothing. "Knox status" doesn't bring up anything useful either. Searching for "Xposed Knox" shows some root tutorial thread that tells me that disabling knox doesn't trip the counter which I knew already, and not much about Xposed tripping knox.

Am I using the search wrong or something?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread