FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

directions please for tethering

Thanks Meter: 2
 
By johnny_chimpo, Member on 3rd September 2014, 12:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just got the s5 and got it rooted but it is my understanding we need a boot loader unclock to load custom roms?
anyway what i really want is wireless tether can someone point me in the right direction. I cant seem to find any guide
just this http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.dym.motoxtether
 
 
3rd September 2014, 03:01 AM |#2  
jcollier's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_chimpo

Just got the s5 and got it rooted but it is my understanding we need a boot loader unclock to load custom roms?
anyway what i really want is wireless tether can someone point me in the right direction. I cant seem to find any guide
just this http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.dym.motoxtether

1. Your first point is slightly incorrect. We need an unlocked bootloader to load custom kernels and ROMs like CM or AOSP. We can load Touchwiz ROMs with SafeStrap and there are multiple options on this forum.

2. There are multiple ways to do wireless tethering. You can use x-tether through XPosed, use Foxfi, or load a ROM that removes the Verizon provisioning and you can just use the built in hotspot.
3rd September 2014, 03:36 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
x tether
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollier

1. Your first point is slightly incorrect. We need an unlocked bootloader to load custom kernels and ROMs like CM or AOSP. We can load Touchwiz ROMs with SafeStrap and there are multiple options on this forum.

2. There are multiple ways to do wireless tethering. You can use x-tether through XPosed, use Foxfi, or load a ROM that removes the Verizon provisioning and you can just use the built in hotspot.

great. Does trev mod happen to work it is my fav. if so is there a linke to the guide.


thanks
Last edited by johnny_chimpo; 3rd September 2014 at 04:01 AM.
3rd September 2014, 03:59 AM |#4  
jcollier's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=x-tether+xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to jcollier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 03:01 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thank you Dr.!

But is trevmod wokring for the s5?
Last edited by johnny_chimpo; 3rd September 2014 at 03:05 PM.
3rd September 2014, 08:29 PM |#6  
jcollier's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_chimpo

Thank you Dr.!

But is trevmod wokring for the s5?

Seriously, Google is your friend, or truly should be.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2715629&page=2
The Following User Says Thank You to jcollier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank