Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] E:failed to mount /sdcard

OP Ysosrslawl

31st August 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag frederick
Thanks Meter: 0

45 posts
More
Having some issues getting a recovery to be flashed on this new device, I am not use to a phone that when rooted doesn't have some stock recovery that actually works. And by that I mean, allows me to install zip from file. All I get is the option to reboot, flash from adb, install from external, wipe factory reset, wipe cache, and install from cache.

Sorry if this has been asked a few times before, but with my searching I didn't find any one answer that solved my problem. Tried flashing a recovery via odin but it said Auth fail for the recovery. Going to try a few other things and see what I can come up with.

Thanks in advanced!
31st August 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 100

407 posts
More
What recovery are you trying to flash? I believe the closet thing we have to a custom recovery is safestrap. Is that what your trying to install?
31st August 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,168

1,253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysosrslawl

Having some issues getting a recovery to be flashed on this new device, I am not use to a phone that when rooted doesn't have some stock recovery that actually works. And by that I mean, allows me to install zip from file. All I get is the option to reboot, flash from adb, install from external, wipe factory reset, wipe cache, and install from cache.

Sorry if this has been asked a few times before, but with my searching I didn't find any one answer that solved my problem. Tried flashing a recovery via odin but it said Auth fail for the recovery. Going to try a few other things and see what I can come up with.

Thanks in advanced!

It sounds like you flashed philz touch recovery witch will not work with the VZW S5 you need to flash SafeStrap Recovery. You might need to Odin back to stock and re root your device to get it back to normal first.
31st August 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag frederick

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbass

What recovery are you trying to flash? I believe the closet thing we have to a custom recovery is safestrap. Is that what your trying to install?

I didn't flash anything when I first started rooting the phone I just used towelroot, then when the OTA messed it up I went and did the NCG to NE9 method using odin and towelroot. But every time I went into recovery, it has been the same. It wasn't until I used the toolkit from the forums that installed safestrap and busybox did I actually get a different recovery, but even if I reboot into recovery it still takes me to the stock one first and then on reboot i can access safestrap.
31st August 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 100

407 posts
More
Yes, that's how safestrap works, through a process called "bootstrapping". It never replaces your stock recovery so when you boot into recovery it'll always be stock but upon boot you'll be presented with the safestrap option.....totally normal
31st August 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag frederick

45 posts
More
On another note, my Supersu binaries wont update so I'm going back to stock anyway. I think I may leave it at stock for a while until I see some more ROMs come out.
1st September 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #7  
Monroe, MI
Thanks Meter: 46

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysosrslawl

On another note, my Supersu binaries wont update so I'm going back to stock anyway. I think I may leave it at stock for a while until I see some more ROMs come out.

Your other option is what I have done. I first went the safestrap route but installed rom on rom slot before finding out about the bugz in safestrap. So I odined back to stock. Instead of installing something with bugz in it I rooted, installed supersu and Xposed framework with some modules. Wanam module gives you most of the customizations found in custom roms. Tons of other modules for pretty much anything you want to tweak. Works like a champ on stock system.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread