Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Firmware Posted Tester Needed

Tip us?

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 927
Default New Firmware Posted Tester Needed

I've posted the new official VZW NE9 firmware to flash in Odin at the bottom of the post. I need someone to test this to see if it can be flashed back to the NCG kernel to regain root. Flash the NE9 tar file in Odin and follow these instructions. Instead of the 1st direction you will be flashing the new tar. Do not do this if you value root, you might loose it permanently if you can not flash the NCG kernel. This is why I am not testing it. Post the results here please. Thanks and good luck.

MrHyde03
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
I've posted the new official VZW NE9 firmware to flash in Odin at the bottom of the post. I need someone to test this to see if it can be flashed back to the NCG kernel to regain root. Flash the NE9 tar file in Odin and follow these instructions. Instead of the 1st direction you will be flashing the new tar. Do not do this if you value root, you might loose it permanently if you can not flash the NCG kernel. This is why I am not testing it. Post the results here please. Thanks and good luck.
I'm not going to test it either.. lol. But hsbadr posted NE9 and NCG firmware in his base rom thread and I've been able to flash back and forth using it. Note that this is just firmware and did not include the system image.
In the spirit of open source, feel free to use/reuse anything I post unless otherwise noted in the thread OP. Just be sure to give proper credits and a link to the OP.

Quote:
Insanity: buying phones with locked bootloaders over and over again and expecting different results.
Click for my devices and guides...

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
SlymHyde -= Fast & Stable =-

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
GUIDE - Root
My github

Misterxtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde03 View Post
I'm not going to test it either.. lol. But hsbadr posted NE9 and NCG firmware in his base rom thread and I've been able to flash back and forth using it. Note that this is just firmware and did not include the system image.
No worries, I just tested it and it flashes back no problem.