New Firmware Posted Tester Needed

OP Misterxtc

8th August 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,413

1,422 posts
More
I've posted the new official VZW NE9 firmware to flash in Odin at the bottom of the post. I need someone to test this to see if it can be flashed back to the NCG kernel to regain root. Flash the NE9 tar file in Odin and follow these instructions. Instead of the 1st direction you will be flashing the new tar. Do not do this if you value root, you might loose it permanently if you can not flash the NCG kernel. This is why I am not testing it. Post the results here please. Thanks and good luck.
8th August 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ooltewah
Thanks Meter: 1,541

1,228 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

I've posted the new official VZW NE9 firmware to flash in Odin at the bottom of the post. I need someone to test this to see if it can be flashed back to the NCG kernel to regain root. Flash the NE9 tar file in Odin and follow these instructions. Instead of the 1st direction you will be flashing the new tar. Do not do this if you value root, you might loose it permanently if you can not flash the NCG kernel. This is why I am not testing it. Post the results here please. Thanks and good luck.

I'm not going to test it either.. lol. But hsbadr posted NE9 and NCG firmware in his base rom thread and I've been able to flash back and forth using it. Note that this is just firmware and did not include the system image.
9th August 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,413

1,422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde03

I'm not going to test it either.. lol. But hsbadr posted NE9 and NCG firmware in his base rom thread and I've been able to flash back and forth using it. Note that this is just firmware and did not include the system image.

No worries, I just tested it and it flashes back no problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread