Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Galaxy S5 & Linksys Dual Band Router Problem **PLEASE HELP**

OP mdonnelly1127

26th August 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

110 posts
More
Hey guys....

I have tried countless ways to see if I can figure this out but I can't. Every time I hook up my phone to my brand new Linksys dual band router whether it be the 2.4GHZ or the 5GHZ connections the phone barely works and is extremely slow. Facebook doesn't load, play store doesn't load, nothing works as it should. I tried resetting modem and router countless times and nothing has helped. When the phone is hooked up to the ISP provided modem/router combo it works fine. I mean its no 5GHZ speeds but it works regardless. Is there anything I can try or anything that I am missing? Please any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
27th August 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 29

111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonnelly1127

Hey guys....

I have tried countless ways to see if I can figure this out but I can't. Every time I hook up my phone to my brand new Linksys dual band router whether it be the 2.4GHZ or the 5GHZ connections the phone barely works and is extremely slow. Facebook doesn't load, play store doesn't load, nothing works as it should. I tried resetting modem and router countless times and nothing has helped. When the phone is hooked up to the ISP provided modem/router combo it works fine. I mean its no 5GHZ speeds but it works regardless. Is there anything I can try or anything that I am missing? Please any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Who is your ISP?
27th August 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthooligan

Who is your ISP?

Xfinity
27th August 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 29

111 posts
Quote:

Xfinity

Not sure about them, but I know for Verizon I had issues after changing out routers. I've got my situation figured out but...here's some things to try if you haven't already:

Try "cloning" the mac address of your ISPs router to the linksys.

Try changing the wifi channel. You can use a wifi analyzer app to see what other's in the area are using. I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...analyzer&hl=en - its free.

Try setting up the router to give your phone a static address,if you have many devices connected up to your home network.

Worse case, you could try disabling the wifi on the ISP router and plug the Linksys into the ISP router for the wifi and see if that changes anything.

Also, might want to check this out: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...nd-router.html sounds like others with a like issue.
27th August 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

110 posts
More
Thanks for the help I've tried a few of those things with no positive outcome I will try other things I just don't know what else I can do
8th September 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

62 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the help I've tried a few of those things with no positive outcome I will try other things I just don't know what else I can do

if all esle fails
turn off modem

hit pin hole to reset router while its turned on hold for 20 sec
let go wait 5 mins till it cycles then pwr off the wifi router

now turn on modem wait for it to cycle and connect now turn on router
now turn both on and turn both back on i know sounds dumb but this has helped me before

my dualband acts stupid on 2.4ghz most of bandwidth is vered towards the 5ghz and changing channel numbers and rebooting does help alot when thiers alot of wifi s in your area u may need to try a few to find a good less congested channel refer to ur maker info on your device but mostly its 192.168.1.1 and pass and login is normally admin admin or admin password or motorola and password its not fun but hope u get it taken care of somtimes is 192.168.0.1 just type that ip in a browser while you have a directly connected wired pc or laptop to do setup or you can connect to wifi without password and do the setup set a password if none is set by default u may want to look for nat options and turn off nat filtering or wmm mode idk routers are a pain sometimes

some routers have andriod apps u can use to manage them too !!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread