[Q] Hard Bricked Phone?

Search This thread

vexxid

Mar 28, 2015
Amazing! How did you use? Just put in your SD card and reboot?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

When you get a moment, please describe the steps you took to debrick your phone so others can benefit from your experience.

1) I took the file you gave me and renamed it .img
2) Used Win32DiskImager to burn the image onto my SD card.
3) Held Vol Down + Power + Home and download mode launched.

Reactions: 94forty and ifhi

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks! You just might have saved someone from a lot of heartache and hair pulling.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

One last thing. If you could edit your listing title adding [Solved] to the end people will know they can find answers here to a potential hard brick problem.

ifhi

Dec 18, 2013
karachi
Thanks! You just might have saved someone from a lot of heartache and hair pulling.
this is great line by a great man :D

jaysonic88

Mar 21, 2016
Brentwood
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hard Bricked Galaxy S5 Verizon G900V need img

this is great line by a great man :D

I have a similar situation where my Galaxy is completely unresponsive does not power on, won't connect to Odin, and will not enter download or recovery mode. It shows on the device manager when connected as QHUSB_BULK. From research it appears my only option is to use image creator to create an image on an SD card then try and enter download mode.

I was using a rooted lollipop based (5.0) phone at the time of the issue. I tried an image from the original thread which appears to be 4.4.2 without success. Does anyone have a lollipop based image they'd be willing to PM or link for me?

Would really appreciate it. Very bummed on an Easter Sunday with a brick for a phone. :crying:

ifhi

Dec 18, 2013
karachi
I have a similar situation where my Galaxy is completely unresponsive does not power on, won't connect to Odin, and will not enter download or recovery mode. It shows on the device manager when connected as QHUSB_BULK. From research it appears my only option is to use image creator to create an image on an SD card then try and enter download mode.

I was using a rooted lollipop based (5.0) phone at the time of the issue. I tried an image from the original thread which appears to be 4.4.2 without success. Does anyone have a lollipop based image they'd be willing to PM or link for me?

Would really appreciate it. Very bummed on an Easter Sunday with a brick for a phone. :crying:
try samsung jig connector with sd card and same img

Lightn1ng

Mar 31, 2015
Washington, D.C.

We kinda need to know the model (G900V?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

One last thing. If you could edit your listing title adding [Solved] to the end people will know they can find answers here to a potential hard brick problem.
    Amazing! How did you use? Just put in your SD card and reboot?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

When you get a moment, please describe the steps you took to debrick your phone so others can benefit from your experience.

I am somewhat new at rooting, though I have rooted 3 phones. I was rooted on Android 4.4.2 and when I flashed a ROM for 5.0 my screen turned black. It won't turn on, I can't get into recovery or download mode, and when I connect it to my computer through USB it registers it as QHSUSB_BULK. I am stuck right now, is a JTAG the only way to fix it?
    I am somewhat new at rooting, though I have rooted 3 phones. I was rooted on Android 4.4.2 and when I flashed a ROM for 5.0 my screen turned black. It won't turn on, I can't get into recovery or download mode, and when I connect it to my computer through USB it registers it as QHSUSB_BULK. I am stuck right now, is a JTAG the only way to fix it?

Does it charge or at least get warm? What ROM did you flash? Did you flash it via safestrap?

Can you access that bulk folder on your computer?
    A Verizon ROM? I thought you said a folder came up on your PC called something bulk.