Default [Q] WiFi and Bluetooth turned off on boot

I have a stock Verizon S5 that I've had for about a month now. Initially I rooted it using Towelroot, then I unsuspectingly applied the OTA update to NE9 which killed my root. I've decided to just keep the phone unrooted going forward and haven't tried to root it since the NE9 upgrade.

Since upgrading, I've noticed that every time I power up my device, or restart it, the device seems to remain in a hardened state for an indeterminate amount of time. The most obvious symptoms of this include the WiFi and Bluetooth being turned off (but NFC will stay on if it was on before). I've also noticed that if you plug it into a computer, the USB will say it is connected as a media server, and the computer will acknowledge a USB device has connected, but it won't show up in Windows.

If I manually turn on WiFi and Bluetooth, the WiFi will find a network, connect to it and get an IP Address, but then it gets stuck on "Checking the quality of your Internet connection..." This can go on for 10 minutes or more. This means that for however long the phone decides not to connect to the WiFi my phone is using up my cellular data unnecessarily.

Without warning this hardened state will go away and the WiFi and Bluetooth will turn on if they weren't already manually turned on, it will connect to a network, and the USB drives will become accessible.

I was worried this might be an issue with applying the update while rooted. I've Used Odin to flash the NE9 stock ROM on the device. The issue has persisted after the flash. I'm wondering what could possibly be causing this behavior and if it is now worth doing a factory reset to see if that fixes the issue. I'd rather not do that and find out it didn't help because then I'll have to re-setup my phone.

Anyone experienced this, know what's causing it, or if a factory reset might fix the issue? Thanks!