FORUMS

Viper4Audio not working in ROM

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ModtoDeath, Junior Member on 16th July 2014, 04:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I installed a ROM which came with Viper. I installed the driver as battery saver and high performance. I installed it as a user app and a system app. It still does not function at all. I tried compatibility mode and normal as well.
How do I get it to work?

17th July 2014, 12:25 AM |#2  

More
I have same issue mine will work for a minute or two but then stop working I've tried different roms different versions of viper4android no luck
17th July 2014, 02:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yeah I'm running a ROM with it and having issues. Mine is that when the screen is off my music will skip or pause for just a second. Its real annoying I've tried it on headphones and the phone speaker with the same result.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th July 2014, 03:27 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
They should stop including it in ROMs if it doesn't function.
17th July 2014, 04:22 PM |#5  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I've frozen Sound Alive and it fixed everything for me. Give that a try if your rom still has it enabled.
19th July 2014, 02:28 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
How do you freeze SoundAlive?
19th July 2014, 03:05 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,219

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModtoDeath

How do you freeze SoundAlive?

You can either freeze it with Titanium Backup Pro or use a root explorer and rename the app soundalive.apk to soundalive.bak. It's located in the system/priv-app folder. On a side note have you all set ViperFX as the default music effects in settings/sound/music effects? Viper runs great for me. As for including it in the ROMs it needs to be made a data app and not a system app so it can be uninstalled if desired. I started to do this and hope other devs who include it in the ROM will follow suit.
19th July 2014, 03:50 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

You can either freeze it with Titanium Backup Pro or use a root explorer and rename the app soundalive.apk to soundalive.bak. It's located in the system/priv-app folder. On a side note have you all set ViperFX as the default music effects in settings/sound/music effects? Viper runs great for me. As for including it in the ROMs it needs to be made a data app and not a system app so it can be uninstalled if desired. I started to do this and hope other devs who include it in the ROM will follow suit.

When I go to settings/sound/ there is no music effects option listed.
19th July 2014, 04:35 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,219

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModtoDeath

When I go to settings/sound/ there is no music effects option listed.

Not even at the bottom of the list? What ROM are you on? Maybe it's removed...
Attachment 2859088 Attachment 2859090
Last edited by Misterxtc; 14th May 2015 at 02:23 PM.
19th July 2014, 07:25 AM |#10  

More
I'm running the debloated ROM for my Verizon galaxy S 5 andi don't see sound alive in system / priv-app and I don't have a music effects option.
19th July 2014, 02:15 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesElite

I'm running the debloated ROM for my Verizon galaxy S 5 andi don't see sound alive in system / priv-app and I don't have a music effects option.

Same

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)