Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,025 Members 52,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] some newbie questions about roms

Tip us?

S&M
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] some newbie questions about roms

hey there !

my cousin got a few weeks ago a smg-900v from a friend from the states (we live in Israel), and he suffers from a lot of problems with the verizon rom.

few questions :

is there any "clean" rom for this phone - without verizon apps, that I can flash with ODIN on his device ?

is there a way to get rid of all of the annoying "ROAMING" warnings / 2 clocks (roaming + "local) on lock screen ? I mean, is there a rom "clean" from any "memory" of verizon, that will let his device act like a non-branded device, at least with everything related to carrier ?

basically he's looking for a rom as close as possible to samsung rom, just without all of the problems caused from the fact the device is in origin from Verizon ...

thanks a lot in advance, really appreciate the help !

chrisbass
Old
(Last edited by chrisbass; 3rd July 2014 at 02:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 98
First off get root access (if you don't know what that is do a LONG search).....then get a good root browser or (I prefer) titanium back up pro. Find all the Verizon apps and delete them right quick. You can get rid of all the Verizon stuff yourself without having to find a de-bloated custom rom

S&M
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey,

thanks for your reply. but what about getting rid of all the roaming messages / warnings ?