No registration required

[Q] Do something when phone removed from NFC Tag

OP SomeGuy2008

22nd August 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Iv done some reading and am still a little confused as to if I can use something like Trigger or something like Trigger to turn off toggles etc. when my phone is removed from a NFC Tag. Currently I use Trigger to turn on BT and Turn off Wifi etc.. when I place my phone on a NFC tag when I get into my car and that works great. But when I get out of my car and remove my phone from said NFC Tag I would like to turn off BT etc.. Can this be done?

I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 running NE9.

Thanks,

~SomeGuy2008
22nd August 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 100

407 posts
More
It can be done but you'll have to set up another trigger to disable them. So one trigger is turning on BT/ off Wifi when you touch it the first time. The second trigger would be the opposite BT off/ wifi on but you can't just remove it from the NFC tag, you have to tap it again
23rd August 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Thanks for the idea. I found that I was over engineering the whole idea between Tasker and Trigger. After reading your reply I figured I would only use Trigger. I had to create 2 Tasks in Trigger. When I get into my car I put my phone into the phones car dock (which has a NFC Tag on it) . 1 triggers via NFC which turns on BT and connects to my Cars BT,disables wifi, enables Mobile Data and opens Waze or whatever navigation app I want. The other Task does the reverse when disconnecting from my Cars BT (aka getting out of my car and taking my phone with me). After various tests its about 99.99999% accurate. And I works with only 1 initial NFC tap.

Thanks again for the idea.

~SomeGuy2008
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread