Phone will not shut off all the way

Search This thread

shackwrrr

Sep 12, 2011
Had my phone for a couple days and decided to root, safestrap, and flash alliance rom. Everything works great when the phone is running but I am running into an issue when I need to reboot or shut the phone down. If I use the power menu to shut down or reboot the phone screen will turn black like normal. The notification light and recent/back buttons light up like they normally do when the phone is shutting down but it just stays like that, no vibrate no sounds, Ive let it sit for 5+ min and it still stays like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Chopstix9

May 28, 2011
Monroe, MI
Had my phone for a couple days and decided to root, safestrap, and flash alliance rom. Everything works great when the phone is running but I am running into an issue when I need to reboot or shut the phone down. If I use the power menu to shut down or reboot the phone screen will turn black like normal. The notification light and recent/back buttons light up like they normally do when the phone is shutting down but it just stays like that, no vibrate no sounds, Ive let it sit for 5+ min and it still stays like this. Any help would be appreciated.
There are known issues with Safestrap... Without even asking, I will venture to say you have created a rom slot and that is where you have Alliance installed.... I found out the hard way too instead of researching what I was doing before installing it. You have to install it on the STOCK slot only and not a rom slot and you will be golden. Odin back to original (drop 5 yards and punt) and go back through the whole process but install on stock slot.

shackwrrr

Sep 12, 2011
Thanks for the help, I tried wiping the cache partition, no help. I was on the fence about flashing to the stock slot. I wonder if I can safely restore my backup to the stock slot after wiping the slot1 without bringing the issue with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

shackwrrr

Sep 12, 2011
Just deleted my rom slot, wiped the stock slot, installed a fresh copy of alliance and all is great. Everything even runs smoother. Google app and settings restore worked like it should and didn't even have to use titanium.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk