Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Piggybacked network

Tip us?

xenithxzavier
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Piggybacked network

I'm looking to buy a Dev edition Verizon S5. My network is bluegrass cellular which is a small carrier that piggybacks off of the Verizon towers. My question is if I purchase this phone will it work with my network? My net uses Sim cards and I miss the days when putting it in the phone was all it took haha. The phone my network sells specifically is the SM-G900R6 which I'm guessing will have almost 0 Dev support and I seriously miss rooting and aokp and cyanogenmod ect
Galaxy S4
Retired: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Showcase, HTC Hero CDMA
Bluegrass

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Please click here and read post #10.
If I helped you, hit thanks if you like.

-Kevin
The Following User Says Thank You to kprice8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xenithxzavier
Old
(Last edited by xenithxzavier; 17th July 2014 at 07:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
Wow sorry I missed that smh thank you for the reply.
Galaxy S4
Bluegrass

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenithxzavier View Post
Well I apologize for missing that but I have to ask will this give me full functionality eg 4g and everything? Since this carrier shares Verizon towers and such I thought it should but I'd like to be sure I won't have any issues before I throw money at someone lol. Please excuse my ignorance
Well, if you have a Bluegrass Phone, and Bluegrass SIM, then I do not see why it wouldn't run the 4G if that is something your carrier offers. If Verizon has the 4G there, and your carrier offers it as an option, then I would think you will be fine.
If I helped you, hit thanks if you like.

-Kevin
The Following User Says Thank You to kprice8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xenithxzavier
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
Well, if you have a Bluegrass Phone, and Bluegrass SIM, then I do not see why it wouldn't run the 4G if that is something your carrier offers. If Verizon has the 4G there, and your carrier offers it as an option, then I would think you will be fine.
Nah I'm saying I'd purchase a Verizon phone and was asking if the 4g would work Verizon phone with bluegrass Sim but I checked the thread over there someones using a tmo Sim and their 4g is fully functional so I'm guessing mine will be fine too. Thanks!
Galaxy S4
Bluegrass

Morinzo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenithxzavier View Post
Nah I'm saying I'd purchase a Verizon phone and was asking if the 4g would work Verizon phone with bluegrass Sim but I checked the thread over there someones using a tmo Sim and their 4g is fully functional so I'm guessing mine will be fine too. Thanks!

If you need any help with the SM-G900R6 just msg me.

Here is the stock firmware that came on mine
http://www.mediafire.com/download/12...A2AND7_LRA.zip

And here is the newest update
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vz...A2ANF2_LRA.zip

Both work fine with Odin 3.09