[Q&A] [ROM][NI2/NK2][DEODEXED][ACHERON ROM] Version 4.5.1 - 2015-1-24

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][NI2/NK2][DEODEXED][ACHERON ROM] Version 4.5.1 - 2015-1-24

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][NI2/NK2][DEODEXED][ACHERON ROM] Version 4.5.1 - 2015-1-24. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

quantumqweef

Aug 29, 2014
selfinducedcrucifixion.tumblr.com
Need a bit more details. Can you get thru the setup wizard? Something FCing? What's going on?
Are you on NK2 firmware? Full wipe? MD5 Sum match?

Hey is anyone else struggling w/ this?

..or g_ding84 , did you end up figuring it out?

I also can't get past the set up screen.
first page (english) >> click next >> recognizes sim card >> click next - SETUP Config force closes.

Thank you in advance for any help with this!!
I've double checked md5's , re-wipped & re-flashed several times ..with repeating result.
Background info: im working w/ a retail G900V that was on bean's alliance rom build 2 running on NE9, prior to updating & switching to acheron. Firstly, I unrooted ect..back to stock firmware >> took OTAs all the way up to NK2 >> odin flashed back down to NCG, towelrooted, supersu >> odin flash to back up to NK2 >> install busybox, and apply safestrap >> made nandroid w/ ss, wiped x2 , flashed acheron 4.5.1, booted to the issue at hand :/
again, any help and/or insight would be greatly appreciated :]

Last edited:

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Hey is anyone else struggling w/ this?

..or g_ding84 , did you end up figuring it out?

I also can't get past the set up screen.
first page (english) >> click next >> recognizes sim card >> click next - SETUP Config force closes.

Thank you in advance for any help with this!!
I've double checked md5's , re-wipped & re-flashed several times ..with repeating result.
Background info: im working w/ a retail G900V that was on bean's alliance rom build 2 running on NE9, prior to updating & switching to acheron. Firstly, I unrooted ect..back to stock firmware >> took OTAs all the way up to NK2 >> odin flashed back down to NCG, towelrooted, supersu >> odin flash to back up to NK2 >> install busybox, and apply safestrap >> made nandroid w/ ss, wiped x2 , flashed acheron 4.5.1, booted to the issue at hand :/
again, any help and/or insight would be greatly appreciated :]

No....that sounds perfect and how you should flash. Were you on WiFi when you started the wizard?

quantumqweef

Aug 29, 2014
No....that sounds perfect and how you should flash. Were you on WiFi when you started the wizard?

I ended up getting it figured out. haha I think it had something to do w/ a reactivation lock security setting in my samsung account...so booting on the non-official firmware with the freshly flashed custom rom caused my samsung account to think it was a different phone haha!
To get around this, I reflashed back down with a stock odin file and then turning off the security features..re-did everything mentioned above...and now it works perfectly :]
thanks for your work, this is a sensational upgrade.

Reactions: g_ding84

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
I ended up getting it figured out. haha I think it had something to do w/ a reactivation lock security setting in my samsung account...so booting on the non-official firmware with the freshly flashed custom rom caused my samsung account to think it was a different phone haha!
To get around this, I reflashed back down with a stock odin file and then turning off the security features..re-did everything mentioned above...and now it works perfectly :]

Glad you got it figured out. I completely forgot about reactive lock.

killa408shark

Aug 21, 2011
San Jose CA
I noticed this rom comes with Wanam I was wondering if after installing it you loose HD calls and video calls? I'm asking because this happened before on a different rom

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
I noticed this rom comes with Wanam I was wondering if after installing it you loose HD calls and video calls? I'm asking because this happened before on a different rom

It shouldn't. I still have mine available and use them. Question, how did you lose HD and Video calls with Wanam?

Reactions: killa408shark

killa408shark

Aug 21, 2011
San Jose CA
It shouldn't. I still have mine available and use them. Question, how did you lose HD and Video calls with Wanam?

I have no idea right now I'm using Rick rom all I did was install Wanam enable it I change the color of the toggles and center the clock on the status bar that was it that's when I noticed I didn't have the video icon on the dialer also called my wife (she has also an S5) I noticed I didn't have HD calls. I'm gonna try to install your rom later on. Thanks

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
I have no idea right now I'm using Rick rom all I did was install Wanam enable it I change the color of the toggles and center the clock on the status bar that was it that's when I noticed I didn't have the video icon on the dialer also called my wife (she has also an S5) I noticed I didn't have HD calls. I'm gonna try to install your rom later on. Thanks

Your on NK2 correct? NI2 and NK2 enabled VoltLTE for HD calling.

quantumqweef

Aug 29, 2014
tha struggle is real.

First and foremost..
g_ding84 , you wizard!! haha damn that update was quick. Thanks man..all yer effort goes neither unnoticed, nor unappreciated....n for that im forever in a debt of gratitude, as well as a debt of thanks.

At any rate.. has anyone else been struggling w/ the native 'Download Booster' toggle?
This is not exclusive to 4.6, I noticed it on 4.5.1 as well.
The Download Booster feature definitely turns on without any sign of failure....however, it doesn't actually ever activate. even when downloading large file w/ solid 4g + wifi connections.
Any insight and/or help getting this to work would be appreciated greatly!

..this is obviously not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination...jus would be nice to exploit this useful luxury :]

Reactions: g_ding84
Apr 20, 2013
Davenport
Debloated rom question

On my verizon s5 I'm using the ACHERON rom and s health was removed. I have found the health service apk and the s health (working) apk. But when I try to check my heart rate the red light does not come on. Am I still missing more files? If so could I be given a link or at the least be told what I still need and I can get the file off my wife. Thanks in advance!

Anybody?

Last edited:

johnjay829

Sep 6, 2007
Having trouble with the hotspot. I usually use it for my Note 8 but can't get an Internet site.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your on NK2 correct? NI2 and NK2 enabled VoltLTE for HD calling.

Yes I'm on NK2 I'll give it a try tomorrow I got home and started feeling sick. I'll let you know how it goes

tha struggle is real.

First and foremost..
    g_ding84 , you wizard!! haha damn that update was quick. Thanks man..all yer effort goes neither unnoticed, nor unappreciated....n for that im forever in a debt of gratitude, as well as a debt of thanks.

At any rate.. has anyone else been struggling w/ the native 'Download Booster' toggle?
    This is not exclusive to 4.6, I noticed it on 4.5.1 as well.
    The Download Booster feature definitely turns on without any sign of failure....however, it doesn't actually ever activate. even when downloading large file w/ solid 4g + wifi connections.
    Any insight and/or help getting this to work would be appreciated greatly!

..this is obviously not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination...jus would be nice to exploit this useful luxury :]
    ight I'll get that together soon. but is yers working fine?