Ask a question

No registration required

Question about safestrap and the stock rom slot

OP Travisholt92

4th July 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

77 posts
Before I got this phone I had the galaxy s3 and was running an AOSP ROM on it within the first hour of having the phone, I've also built a few roms myself. I'm nowhere near a noob to custom recoveries and how to odin back to stock and all of that. However I am a noob to safestrap. I was just wondering if it is possible to overwrite the stock rom with another touchwiz rom based on the current kernel without bricking the device?
4th July 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 58

187 posts
This is by far the most asked question in the past week or so regarding ss. I have spent many hours researching this question. Here's what I found:

1. Several in the s5 dev threads say yes it's fine to flash to stock and appear to have successfully done it with no problems.

2. Found posts from Scott, developer of clean Rom, and he does this on his note3. http://www.scottsroms.com/showthread.php?4988-Safestrap

3. Hashcode, creator of ss doesn't seem to recommend, but he did give us the ability to flash to the stock slot.

So there. Depends on who you ask I guess. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
4th July 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

77 posts
Thank you very much for your reply. I guess I'll be giving it a try and having odin ready if needed lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Travisholt92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 58

187 posts
Post your experience please, I'm still undecided on flashing to stock slot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread