Can't restore previous backup from Safestrap on new phone!

24th July 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
I received a replacement S5 today because my previous phone had a screen defect. I was running a custom rom through safestrap. When I did the initial install of safestrap I did a stock rom backup. I then loaded my custom rom on the phone and had it fully configured the way I like it. Before I sent my phone off for replacement I did a backup of my custom rom and saved it on my external sd memory card.

Flash forward to the new phone. I root it, install safestrap, boot into recovery and go to restore and my custom rom backup is not listed there as an option to restore to. Is there something additional I need to do to allow this new phone to restore that previous backup? Are the backups some how tagged to only work on a specific serial number or something?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm new to safestrap so hopefully its something simple I'm missing within the settings. If I go to the internal file manager within safestrap I can browse to my backup so I know its there and visible on the memory card, it just will not show up as an option to restore from when I access that menu within safestrap.

Thanks
25th July 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
Update - I was able to fix it. For anyone else that may run into this issue all I did was create a new nandroid backup of my new phone and it created a new folder that safestrap was referencing for this specific phone. I then copied the folder of my previous backup from my broken phone to the new folder for my new phone and safestrap was able to see the backup. I selected it and installed it and all is golden and back to normal on my new handset.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matrix311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank