Samsung Galaxy S4 also Receives Android Lollipop Port

Once upon a time, when the original Samsung Galaxy S was just a dream for most XDA … more

How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Rom choice

OP androidphan88

10th July 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

55 posts
Is there a rom out yet that has completely smashed touchwiz? I flashed the elli rom and still a ton of touch wiz

Sent from my gs5
10th July 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chantilly
Thanks Meter: 245

1,090 posts
More
I'm pretty sure you can go through what we have in the development section and I'm pretty sure you know we won't be getting anywhere totally on aosp because of our locker bootloaders. What you see is what you get is basically what's going on right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th July 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

55 posts
I used safe strap on previous locked devices, Droid X and Droid 3 come to mind and we had AOSP based roms. hopefully they are in the works
10th July 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #4  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 310

1,230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidphan88

I used safe strap on previous locked devices, Droid X and Droid 3 come to mind and we had AOSP based roms. hopefully they are in the works

AOSP based/themed with Touchwiz kernel right?
10th July 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

55 posts
Wasn't touchwiz in moto world but if that takes away the look of touchwiz it would work for me. Jrummy liberty rom I believe was aosp back then

Sent from my gs5
11th July 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 184

515 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidphan88

Is there a rom out yet that has completely smashed touchwiz? I flashed the elli rom and still a ton of touch wiz

Sent from my gs5

Well, there are a few AOSP ROMs in "the oven" as you can see if you go to the Unified ROM section, but none of them are ready for prime time. I had a Developer Edition S4 and tried every AOSP ROM available and none of them ever worked as smooth and error free as the TW ROMs that were available. It seemed as if every AOSP ROM had something that didn't work, something that didn't work quite right or was extremely laggy. I eventually gave up on AOSP for the S4 and went back to a good TW ROM. I'm sure there is an explanation for what I experienced with AOSP but I look at it like this: The Samsung hardware and firmware were engineered and designed to work together. If you change one or the other something is not going to work at all, or not work as well as it should. So, I hold little hope of an AOSP ROM for the S5 or S5 Developer Edition (which I have) appearing that I would want for my daily driver. I hope I am wrong..;.but I'm not holding my breath.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread