Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom choice

Tip us?

androidphan88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Rom choice

Is there a rom out yet that has completely smashed touchwiz? I flashed the elli rom and still a ton of touch wiz

Sent from my gs5

ali87va
Old
Thanks Meter 226
I'm pretty sure you can go through what we have in the development section and I'm pretty sure you know we won't be getting anywhere totally on aosp because of our locker bootloaders. What you see is what you get is basically what's going on right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sent from my DeoxyriboNucleic Acid Beast

androidphan88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I used safe strap on previous locked devices, Droid X and Droid 3 come to mind and we had AOSP based roms. hopefully they are in the works

Syn Ack
Old
Thanks Meter 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidphan88 View Post
I used safe strap on previous locked devices, Droid X and Droid 3 come to mind and we had AOSP based roms. hopefully they are in the works
AOSP based/themed with Touchwiz kernel right?
Verizon HTC One M7 Unlocked Rooted
Verizon Galaxy S5 SafeStrapped Rooted
Verizon LG G3 or iPhone6 Coming Soon

androidphan88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Wasn't touchwiz in moto world but if that takes away the look of touchwiz it would work for me. Jrummy liberty rom I believe was aosp back then

Sent from my gs5

jpcalhoun
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidphan88 View Post
Is there a rom out yet that has completely smashed touchwiz? I flashed the elli rom and still a ton of touch wiz

Sent from my gs5
Well, there are a few AOSP ROMs in "the oven" as you can see if you go to the Unified ROM section, but none of them are ready for prime time. I had a Developer Edition S4 and tried every AOSP ROM available and none of them ever worked as smooth and error free as the TW ROMs that were available. It seemed as if every AOSP ROM had something that didn't work, something that didn't work quite right or was extremely laggy. I eventually gave up on AOSP for the S4 and went back to a good TW ROM. I'm sure there is an explanation for what I experienced with AOSP but I look at it like this: The Samsung hardware and firmware were engineered and designed to work together. If you change one or the other something is not going to work at all, or not work as well as it should. So, I hold little hope of an AOSP ROM for the S5 or S5 Developer Edition (which I have) appearing that I would want for my daily driver. I hope I am wrong..;.but I'm not holding my breath.