Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Samsung Galaxy App drained battery?

OP dangerousjenny

20th July 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

73 posts
More
I had I think about 80% Battery last night and went to sleep. Normally I only get about 5% to 10% drain when I sleep from notifications and things syncing which I am fine with. However I woke up and it was at 20%. I went into the battery settings to see what was draining it and it said Samsung Galaxy 40% stay awake for 5h 37m. and recieved data 130 mb and sent 4.52 mb which I have never seen that come up on the list of things using my battery before, and why would 130mb take 5 hours to recieve. I am attaching a picture as well of my screenshot. I am totally confused. There was no update on my phone ota either. I was on wifi the whole time since I was home.
21st July 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

73 posts
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-20-17-16-15.png
Views:	105
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	2862170Sorry forgot screenshot. Lol.
21st July 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 230

1,369 posts
More
Have you tried freezing it?

Sent from my Galaxy Note S5
21st July 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousjenny

I had I think about 80% Battery last night and went to sleep. Normally I only get about 5% to 10% drain when I sleep from notifications and things syncing which I am fine with. However I woke up and it was at 20%. I went into the battery settings to see what was draining it and it said Samsung Galaxy 40% stay awake for 5h 37m. and recieved data 130 mb and sent 4.52 mb which I have never seen that come up on the list of things using my battery before, and why would 130mb take 5 hours to recieve. I am attaching a picture as well of my screenshot. I am totally confused. There was no update on my phone ota either. I was on wifi the whole time since I was home.

Are you using the original battery that came stock with the phone or using a different battery? May be the issue here...
21st July 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

73 posts
More
I am not rooted and I am trying to figure out what that is all it says is Samsung galaxy. This is the first time it has shown up on my battery stats.

Yes it is the orginal baettery. I bought it 17 days ago.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
21st July 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

73 posts
More
Also this is the first time anything has drained my battery like that on this. I had an s4 before this one and never had this happen. Almost all same apps. Only added a few calender ones the days before this happened but they aren't even showing on battery use.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using XDA Free mobile app
21st July 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

73 posts
More
Well its showing up again. By this time tonight usually I have 75% battery life. Today it's at 63% doing the usual stuff with Samsung Galaxy using 10%. I really don't want to have to reset but this is becoming a problem.Click image for larger version

Name:	1405923400776.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2862709

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
22nd July 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

73 posts
More
Seriously does anyone know what this app is and if it's OK to turn off. I really need to know what's going on and it's hard to Google cause it comes up with every page that says Samsung Galaxy.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5
22nd July 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #9  
Flag Florence, SC
Thanks Meter: 320

412 posts
More
I froze that app and 120+ other random things I don't want.

edit to add this app is Social Networking Service so all that background happenings is from facebook, etc.
Last edited by Sir-Lancelot; 22nd July 2014 at 12:50 AM.
22nd July 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

73 posts
More
If it is connected to Facebook why would it be showing up now? It's not interfering with my Facebook since I turned it off and I never have had anything with Facebook drain my battery like that. I am glad I haven't seen anything not work on my phone since I turned it off but I was still having some sudden battery drain all of a sudden. I am really confused. This never happened on my s4 and I have had this one over two weeks and it just started happening. I am not using the phone any differently.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread