Thread Closed

Can we get a separate forum for Dev S5

3rd July 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 25

161 posts
More
Can we? There is no sense in having different Roms that are not compatible with the stock s5 in the same forum.
3rd July 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 89

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob

Can we? There is no sense in having different Roms that are not compatible with the stock s5 in the same forum.

I think your question has been asked before and the decision was not to do that, at that time. Now with ROMs for the S5 beginning to be released by the Dev's I don't know if the idea will get more traction or not. The two phones are identical with the exception of the bootloaders. I guess the argument can be made that everyone benefits (retail owners and Dev owners) from informaiton/ideas/problem solving coming from the entire S5 user community vice breaking it up into groups. As far as ROMs, I think the retail owners are the ones that need to understand that only TW based ROMs can be flashed with SafeStrap. Dev owners on the other hand don't have that limitation.
3rd July 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 25

161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcalhoun

I think your question has been asked before and the decision was not to do that, at that time. Now with ROMs for the S5 beginning to be released by the Dev's I don't know if the idea will get more traction or not. The two phones are identical with the exception of the bootloaders. I guess the argument can be made that everyone benefits (retail owners and Dev owners) from informaiton/ideas/problem solving coming from the entire S5 user community vice breaking it up into groups. As far as ROMs, I think the retail owners are the ones that need to understand that only TW based ROMs can be flashed with SafeStrap. Dev owners on the other hand don't have that limitation.

I just know at some point a noob will flash a Dev ROM on a stock s5 and then create a million threads asking what happened.
3rd July 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 89

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob

I just know at some point a noob will flash a Dev ROM on a stock s5 and then create a million threads asking what happened.

I understand your point, yeah, unfortunately there's a good chance that will happen.
3rd July 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Kansas City, Mo.
Thanks Meter: 7,094

3,166 posts
Donate to Me
More
This has been covered again and again. Closed
The Following User Says Thank You to VECTUS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread