Signal

OP kendive

26th August 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 20

298 posts
More
I know this has been talked about a little before but I don't see no real good answers.

I had an S3 a while ago and sold it because the signal was pretty bad in certain areas where other phones had no issues. My Mot Razr Maxx and LG G2 worked way better than the S3.

Now I am looking at the S5 to maybe buy but I am concerned about having that same issue where the phone is useless because you can't send text or make calls.

And I am not going to go through this flashing a new radio because someone thinks it works better. I did that too many times with the S3 and it really never did help at all.

So does this S5 still got the same old Samsung radio issues
26th August 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 60

756 posts
More
It seems better than the S3 for me. The real test for me is going to the next city over and seeing if it loses all signal. It's literally 2 or 3 miles from my house and the reception just craps out.
26th August 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

298 posts
More
I would like to hear what you report back...
26th August 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Central Ohio
Thanks Meter: 39

310 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have an S5 and my wife has an S3, both on Verizon. IMHO, my S5 has far better reception than her S3.

Her S3 also has GPS issues even out in the open away from buildings, while my S5 will show my exact location even in a downtown environments.
27th August 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKuczek

I have an S5 and my wife has an S3, both on Verizon. IMHO, my S5 has far better reception than her S3.

Her S3 also has GPS issues even out in the open away from buildings, while my S5 will show my exact location even in a downtown environments.

Thanks for the reports. I just remembering the S3 loved the development and the phone, But getting good service on it was something else.

I am using my LG G2 right now and it works pretty good rooted and on a custom rom. I also still have my Mot Razr Maxx HD

I am thinking of going to the 10GB everything plan (Maybe) and getting the wife and I both S5's... The only thing holding me back is I am still on no contract and on the Unlimited Data Plan. Very Hard Choice to leave that.

I could do what I always been doing and just go buy an S5 new from ebay.

I have not signed new contract with Verizon in Years... Scary to me just thinking about it. I think the last time I did was when they came out with 4G and I got the HTC TBolt... LOL Showing my age now.
Last edited by kendive; 27th August 2014 at 08:24 AM.
27th August 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #6  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 587

1,037 posts
I used to have an S3 and now have the S5. At work in my office, I got zero reception on my S3 and had to plug it in or it would be dead by the end of the day because it was constantly searching for a signal. When I left for the day I would suddenly get voicemails and notifications because I finally got a signal again. With the S5, I actually get a weak signal in my office, so I receive notifications, texts, and can actually receive phone calls every once in a while. So I'd say from my experience the signal on the S5 is much improved over the S3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread