Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone SIM unlocked the S5 to other Providers?

Tip us?

razzrmaxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Has anyone SIM unlocked the S5 to other Providers?

I ran the region unlock app yesterday just for the hell of it on my Developer edition and inserted my friends AT&T Sim card and the calls went thru!. There was an H signal but it wasn't bright like the rest of the icons on the status bar and had no internet only calls, so I wonder if the AWS Unlock/hack will make the 3g/4g work? Or if anyone knows how please share.

urcboss07
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrmaxx View Post
I ran the region unlock app yesterday just for the hell of it on my Developer edition and inserted my friends AT&T Sim card and the calls went thru!. There was an H signal but it wasn't bright like the rest of the icons on the status bar and had no internet only calls, so I wonder if the AWS Unlock/hack will make the 3g/4g work? Or if anyone knows how please share.
I got 4G LTE speed on my Verizon note 3 and S5 with tmobile or AT&T sim, you just need to change APN accordingly.

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrmaxx View Post
All Verizon 4G phones are sim unlocked.

As urcboss said, you just need to change the APN to the specific carrier settings.

trevorcobb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am able to successfully use my VZ Galaxy Note 3 and my wife uses her VZ Galaxy S5, both on T-mobile Edge, HSPA, HSPA+, and LTE (band 4) frequencies.

Here's the guide I followed for both (with correct APN settings screenshots to accommodate for MMS on page 4 or 5 i believe):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582747
The Following User Says Thank You to trevorcobb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]