Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Has anyone SIM unlocked the S5 to other Providers?

OP razzrmaxx

18th July 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

205 posts
I ran the region unlock app yesterday just for the hell of it on my Developer edition and inserted my friends AT&T Sim card and the calls went thru!. There was an H signal but it wasn't bright like the rest of the icons on the status bar and had no internet only calls, so I wonder if the AWS Unlock/hack will make the 3g/4g work? Or if anyone knows how please share.
18th July 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 28

327 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrmaxx

I ran the region unlock app yesterday just for the hell of it on my Developer edition and inserted my friends AT&T Sim card and the calls went thru!. There was an H signal but it wasn't bright like the rest of the icons on the status bar and had no internet only calls, so I wonder if the AWS Unlock/hack will make the 3g/4g work? Or if anyone knows how please share.

I got 4G LTE speed on my Verizon note 3 and S5 with tmobile or AT&T sim, you just need to change APN accordingly.
18th July 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #3  
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 146

477 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrmaxx

All Verizon 4G phones are sim unlocked.

As urcboss said, you just need to change the APN to the specific carrier settings.
18th July 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
I am able to successfully use my VZ Galaxy Note 3 and my wife uses her VZ Galaxy S5, both on T-mobile Edge, HSPA, HSPA+, and LTE (band 4) frequencies.

Here's the guide I followed for both (with correct APN settings screenshots to accommodate for MMS on page 4 or 5 i believe):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582747
The Following User Says Thank You to trevorcobb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread