Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DPI Changer S5

Tip us?

WhiteReign
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 413
Default DPI Changer S5

Thought you all might like a little more room. This app is amazing! I tested it on 360!!! If you go lower I cant tell you what happens. I tested from 480 all the way to 360 and I have to say 360 works the best!

Please Thank me if you like this find!

DPI Changer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteReign For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cjsteier
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Did this not change your dialpad? I change dpi manually and anything under stock made the dialer wrong.

WhiteReign
Old
(Last edited by WhiteReign; 10th July 2014 at 07:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 413
Just checked. Ya same here. I don't mind I just have more room on the home screen. I just know this was the best setting for Gallery. If I remember right it did the same to the Dial pad too on my Note 3. That was the only bad thing.

PS Camera is a little smaller too.

cjsteier
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteReign View Post
Just checked. Ya same here. I don't mind I just have more room on the home screen. I just know this was the best setting for Gallery. If I remember right it did the same to the Dial pad too on my Note 3. That was the only bad thing.

PS Camera is a little smaller too.
Ya seems that AOSP was never struck with this issue, only Touchwiz based roms. I use Nova to get around the homescreen sizing.

Sir-Lancelot
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Thanks for the share. I will have to give it a try.

I have been using the xposed module app settings. Nice module for anyone who is not familiar. Allows settings for dpi, force full screen, etc on a per app basis which is good I think as some apps I have a different dpi than others.
I agree with your thoughts on 360 for this device.
//Lance

computercarl
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Lancelot View Post
Thanks for the share. I will have to give it a try.

I have been using the xposed module app settings. Nice module for anyone who is not familiar. Allows settings for dpi, force full screen, etc on a per app basis which is good I think as some apps I have a different dpi than others.
I agree with your thoughts on 360 for this device.
//Lance
I tried it down to ~150, things got really small.

~120, and systemUI FC'd so badly I had to ODIN back to stock.

computercarl
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Has anyone figured out a way to force the dialer and the camera back to the right 480 dpi? I cant seem to figure out how to do it even in the xposed module App Settings, I can set it to 480 in there, and it still opens fullscreen, but not sized properly.

Thanks.

Crooke356
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by computercarl View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to force the dialer and the camera back to the right 480 dpi? I cant seem to figure out how to do it even in the xposed module App Settings, I can set it to 480 in there, and it still opens fullscreen, but not sized properly.

Thanks.
Keep trying app settings?? It's working great for me. Has been since root. I do use a different DPI changer but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rakuu
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Haven't had much luck using any of the dpi changer apps. Also when I try to change it manually the ro.so.lcd_density line in my build.prop isn't there, dont know if thats how its supposed to be but adding the line doesnt change anything. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

computercarl
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooke356 View Post
Keep trying app settings?? It's working great for me. Has been since root. I do use a different DPI changer but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Seems you have to enable the xposed module as well. *IM A DERP*