ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

DPI Changer S5

OP WhiteReign

10th July 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 415

654 posts
Thought you all might like a little more room. This app is amazing! I tested it on 360!!! If you go lower I cant tell you what happens. I tested from 480 all the way to 360 and I have to say 360 works the best!

Please Thank me if you like this find!

DPI Changer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteReign For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #2  
Evanston
Thanks Meter: 17

77 posts
More
Did this not change your dialpad? I change dpi manually and anything under stock made the dialer wrong.
10th July 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 415

654 posts
Just checked. Ya same here. I don't mind I just have more room on the home screen. I just know this was the best setting for Gallery. If I remember right it did the same to the Dial pad too on my Note 3. That was the only bad thing.

PS Camera is a little smaller too.
Last edited by WhiteReign; 10th July 2014 at 08:33 AM.
11th July 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #4  
Evanston
Thanks Meter: 17

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteReign

Just checked. Ya same here. I don't mind I just have more room on the home screen. I just know this was the best setting for Gallery. If I remember right it did the same to the Dial pad too on my Note 3. That was the only bad thing.

PS Camera is a little smaller too.

Ya seems that AOSP was never struck with this issue, only Touchwiz based roms. I use Nova to get around the homescreen sizing.
11th July 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag Florence, SC
Thanks Meter: 320

412 posts
More
Thanks for the share. I will have to give it a try.

I have been using the xposed module app settings. Nice module for anyone who is not familiar. Allows settings for dpi, force full screen, etc on a per app basis which is good I think as some apps I have a different dpi than others.
I agree with your thoughts on 360 for this device.
//Lance
11th July 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bay City, MI
Thanks Meter: 7

65 posts
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Lancelot

Thanks for the share. I will have to give it a try.

I have been using the xposed module app settings. Nice module for anyone who is not familiar. Allows settings for dpi, force full screen, etc on a per app basis which is good I think as some apps I have a different dpi than others.
I agree with your thoughts on 360 for this device.
//Lance

I tried it down to ~150, things got really small.

~120, and systemUI FC'd so badly I had to ODIN back to stock.
11th July 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bay City, MI

65 posts
More
Question
Has anyone figured out a way to force the dialer and the camera back to the right 480 dpi? I cant seem to figure out how to do it even in the xposed module App Settings, I can set it to 480 in there, and it still opens fullscreen, but not sized properly.

Thanks.
12th July 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #8  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 150

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by computercarl

Has anyone figured out a way to force the dialer and the camera back to the right 480 dpi? I cant seem to figure out how to do it even in the xposed module App Settings, I can set it to 480 in there, and it still opens fullscreen, but not sized properly.

Thanks.

Keep trying app settings?? It's working great for me. Has been since root. I do use a different DPI changer but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th July 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 25

69 posts
More
Haven't had much luck using any of the dpi changer apps. Also when I try to change it manually the ro.so.lcd_density line in my build.prop isn't there, dont know if thats how its supposed to be but adding the line doesnt change anything. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?
14th July 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #10  
Flag Bay City, MI

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooke356

Keep trying app settings?? It's working great for me. Has been since root. I do use a different DPI changer but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Seems you have to enable the xposed module as well. *IM A DERP*

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread