[Q] edge lighting question

Search This thread

Zmnypit

Jan 11, 2012
Sorry for my ignorance if this has been covered already. I just picked up a S6 edge and I have the edge lighting set for people. When I get a text from one of the 5 I get one small bar or their color. How do I make the whole side color wave like I keep seeing in YouTube videos/pictures?

Thanks!

jeff_roey

Oct 10, 2009
Springfield, PA
Device has to be lying upside down to see the edge wave. There's reports out there of gyro issues affecting the Edge function - a maloperating gyro won't let the phone know it's upside down.

Turn your phone upsdide down and set in on your table. Call/text it from one of your 5 edge contacts and look for the glow. If you don't see it, open your calendar app and rotate the phone to see if the gyro is working and tracking.

Zmnypit

Jan 11, 2012
Device has to be lying upside down to see the edge wave. There's reports out there of gyro issues affecting the Edge function - a maloperating gyro won't let the phone know it's upside down.

Turn your phone upsdide down and set in on your table. Call/text it from one of your 5 edge contacts and look for the glow. If you don't see it, open your calendar app and rotate the phone to see if the gyro is working and tracking.

Say for instance my wife's name is blue. When she texts while the phone is face down I see a small blue bar but no wave. I opened the calendar and it rotates fine.

Zmnypit

Jan 11, 2012
Ok so I see the light wave but only for a second. How long should it last or is there a way to change the time on?