Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,449 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] AOSP Roms Low Quality/Resolution MMS Fix

Tip us?

krazie1
Old
(Last edited by krazie1; 12th September 2014 at 03:14 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4,777
Wink [MOD] AOSP Roms Low Quality/Resolution MMS Fix

I created flashable zips of the messaging app with higher MMS received size, in the original AOSP Roms messaging app the Pictures come in overly compressed & are sized at 30kb. This will fix that issue and your Picture messages will come in around 200kb-400kb. This wouldnt be possible if it wasn't for @zandarillis for teaching me how to fix it.

DOWNLOADS:

CM MMS for VERIZON HTC One M8 (Works on CM, Liquidsmooth, ParanoidAndroid, Carbon)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3X...it?usp=sharing

Slim MMS for VERIZON HTC One M8 (Works on Slim, Candykat)

AOKP MMS for VERIZON HTC One M8 (Works on AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, AICP)

AOSP Project MMS for VERIZON HTC One M8 (Works on AOSB Project)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mademan420
Old
Thanks Meter 330

DONATE TO ME
I can verify that both versions work as they should! Thanks @krazie1 for your efforts
I don't mind people pushing my buttons.....especially when they're saying "THANKS"

HTC One m8 - Current, Galaxy Note 3 - Retired, LG G2 - Retired, Moto X Dev Ed - Retired, HTC One m7 - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4 - Retired, HTC DNA - Retired, Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Backup Phone, HTC Rezound - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - Retired, All iPhone models - Retired

krazie1
Old
Thanks Meter 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by mademan420 View Post
I can verify that both versions work as they should! Thanks @krazie1 for your efforts
Thanks for testing the slim version sir [emoji106]
The Following User Says Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ping41
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Already got mine fixed but thanks for the flashable zip! This was getting on my nerves. Downloading for the next time I change ROMs.

Anyone know of a fix for sense ROMs or have they been having this problem? I had the problem when I was on complete stock.

krazie1
Old
Thanks Meter 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping41 View Post
Already got mine fixed but thanks for the flashable zip! This was getting on my nerves. Downloading for the next time I change ROMs.

Anyone know of a fix for sense ROMs or have they been having this problem? I had the problem when I was on complete stock.
I've had this fixed for about 2 weeks just never made a thread & your very much welcome. Sense Roms 4.4.2 based for Verizon all work perfectly fine for me, 4.4.3 based has issues. Only 2 4.4.3 based roms for Verizon that don't have MMS issues is S-Rom & NuSenseSix.
The Following User Says Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krazie1
Old
Thanks Meter 4,777
OP Updated with AOKP & AOSB Project MMS Fix.

I added the Roms which MMS Fix work for which, I can't test all Roms so I didn't name all available for the HTC One M8. If you test a Rom thats not listed can you say which version works for which & I will edit OP to show which MMS Fix works for that Rom. Thank You.