Post Reply

[BOUNTY] Official Verizon RUU for HTC One M8 with S-ON

18th July 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
This a bounty thread for Stock Verizon only on the Verizon HTC One M8 with S-ON . I know there are people who are stuck in H boot screen and says TAMPERED, LOCKED and SECURITY WARNING. The only way out of it is by using Stock Verizon RUU.

You can post your pledges here and I will add them to OP.

Please do not send any money to anyone unless it's proved that Stock RUU on S-ON device works and made public here on xda.

Please do not start a cat fight in here as that would result in the thread getting locked.

I will try to update the thread on a daily basis. Do not come in here and ask when it will be done because we do not know the answer to that and you might get flamed.

I do own a Verizon HTC One M8 and to start things off i'm pledging USD 100

How to Claim the Bounty

Make a post in this thread with the following:
Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow
Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device
Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis
Last edited by regspy; 18th July 2014 at 09:14 AM.
18th July 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Those who Pledged

regspy - $100
18th July 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
one more
18th July 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
and another
18th July 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #5  
xsteven77x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 744
 
3,216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
I'll pledge 10

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th July 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #6  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,047
 
2,364 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by regspy

This a bounty thread for Stock Verizon only on the Verizon HTC One M8 with S-ON . I know there are people who are stuck in H boot screen and says TAMPERED, LOCKED and SECURITY WARNING. The only way out of it is by using Stock Verizon RUU.

You can post your pledges here and I will add them to OP.

Please do not send any money to anyone unless it's proved that Stock RUU on S-ON device works and made public here on xda.

Please do not start a cat fight in here as that would result in the thread getting locked.

I will try to update the thread on a daily basis. Do not come in here and ask when it will be done because we do not know the answer to that and you might get flamed.

I do own a Verizon HTC One M8 and to start things off i'm pledging USD 100

How to Claim the Bounty

Make a post in this thread with the following:
Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow
Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device
Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis

This isn't something you can really bounty. Someone can't whip up a signed/encrypted ruu for you. It would need to be leaked by someone at HTC. Verizon doesn't want them doing that so they have made it harder than heck to get an official ruu. I feel bad for you but the main reason we aren't seeing them is someone would be risking their job to leak it..
20th July 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #7  
xsteven77x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 744
 
3,216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

This isn't something you can really bounty. Someone can't whip up a signed/encrypted ruu for you. It would need to be leaked by someone at HTC. Verizon doesn't want them doing that so they have made it harder than heck to get an official ruu. I feel bad for you but the main reason we aren't seeing them is someone would be risking their job to leak it..

Right. So maybe a bounty would give them incentive to risk it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th July 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #8  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,047
 
2,364 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsteven77x

Right. So maybe a bounty would give them incentive to risk it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Highly doubt that. They have ways of tracking that.
21st July 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #9  
BadUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 756
 
1,505 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Has anyone tried emailing htc to ask for one? I know it sounds pretty obvious, but what would they respond back with? One isn't available?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Last edited by BadUsername; 21st July 2014 at 11:00 AM.
21st July 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

This isn't something you can really bounty. Someone can't whip up a signed/encrypted ruu for you. It would need to be leaked by someone at HTC. Verizon doesn't want them doing that so they have made it harder than heck to get an official ruu. I feel bad for you but the main reason we aren't seeing them is someone would be risking their job to leak it..

I guess you are right, Admins please delete this thread. I don't want someone loosing their job for this leak.

I'll have togo down the java card route as that can S-OFF and unlock bootloader from hboot. Which will then allow me to flash RUU for S-OFF.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon One (M8) General by ThreadRank