Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

GPS issues

OP natedogg8712

17th August 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Hi I was running venom ROM with no problems and I just switched to sinless last night and today I tried to use GPS and it won't lock on.....I fully wiped before I flashed
17th August 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 37

204 posts
More
If sinless is an aosp ROM that is an issue currently with aosp. From what I've read you can flash a sense ROM, get a GPS lock,and then flash back to sinless. Right now I don't believe there is an actual fix for it.

Edit: I saw its gpe, my bad. From searching in the sinless thread I see there was talks about a gps fix listed in the thread. Idk of its a flashable zip or what, but might be worth checking out.
Last edited by adavit; 17th August 2014 at 06:07 AM.
17th August 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thanks and ya I tried that first and it didn't work.....I read that you could flash back to sense too but I was hoping to find a zip that works to flash to save me some trouple
17th August 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Anyone else have a faster way before I flash like adavit said....and if I do go that route can I just dirty flash each
18th August 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 79

486 posts
Don't you have a nandroid of a sense rom? Then you just restore that, get a lock, and then restore back to your gpe rom you're on now.
18th August 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thanks I just did that and it worked......the phone was running so smooth didn't want take the chance of messing anything up
19th August 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 59

598 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg8712

Thanks I just did that and it worked......the phone was running so smooth didn't want take the chance of messing anything up

In the future, you would probably want to ask a question like this in the thread for whatever ROM you're running. That way anyone else who experienced the same issue can chime in, hopefully with a quick fix. And if it's a new problem, then the dev would become aware of it.
20th August 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I realize that but I needed to post here BC I can't post until I've sent 10....(just signed up)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread