FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to flash International ROMs on your Verizon M8

825 posts
Thanks Meter: 168
 
By crazykas, Senior Member on 2nd May 2015, 01:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all this NOT Covert HTC One M8 Verizon to Fully Compatible T-Mobile Version which you can find here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710720!.I didn't find this & i was told by 2 xda members.I love my vzw m8 & the development here.But i always wanted to flash international roms since im using GSM carrier.As far as i knew we can't flash GSM roms on our CDMA phone expect ALL Variant supports roms.I was reading on a rom thread & i saw a guy that he flash CleanROM on his international 8!..Then i asked him how & he told me he flash any rom & most importantly he flash All Variant support kernel.Also another guy told me that he is flashing int roms on his VZW M8 & he told me the same about kernel.This is a risk.But i took chance & flash a International ROMs which is EragonM8 http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...sense-t3011968.Then the kernel.WOW!It actually works!..Enough talk.Here is the guide to flash.


READ CAREFULLY
*Follow the exact steps
*Im NOT responsible for anything happen to your phone!!!

Instructions

1.Download your desire INTERNATIONAL SENSE ROM from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/development
*.I've tested ONLY SENSE ROMs.Haven't test AOSP ROMs*
2.Download lONElyX by lyapota from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...x-001-t2881605.
*I flashed 33 & any ALL Variant support kernel would do the job.But i recommend this.
1.Backup your current ROM.
2.
3.Go to recovery & delvick ,sytem,cache,data.Then flash the INT ROM.
4.During the ROM installation select International as your phone model.
5.After the installation DON"T reboot the device.
6.Now flash lONElyX_m8_Sense_kernel_033 kernel.
7.During the kernel installation select Verizon as your carrier.Then select DEFAULT when is asking wich ways install the kernel.Then select repack= repack with RAM disk from current ROM or Universalwhen it asking repack kernel image.(thanks to @JellyKitkatLoli )
8.Done....Now let is reboot..

Roms that i have tested
Erogon = http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...sense-t3011968
Leedroid = http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...1-0-5-t3019102

Kernels you can flash
lONElyX
BeyondStock Kernel
SkyDragon Kernel
HyperNova kernel(Thanks to @Bobbi lim )

Credit @Bobbi lim
@JellyKitkatLoli
WIthout those two i would never have flash International rom on my VZW M8.
*lyapota for his kernel
*skeleton1911 for his rom
*LeeDroid for his rom

Remember all variant support kernels do the job & select always Verizon as you carrier when kernel flashing..!

Enjoy your new INT ROM!!!

WARNING!!DO NOT TRY THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE.!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to crazykas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazykas Ad-Free
 
 
3rd May 2015, 01:36 AM |#2  
Rushing's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2,954
 
Donate to Me
More
Cool , thanks! Any screen shots to see what I'm missing!?
3rd May 2015, 03:20 AM |#3  
crazykas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 168
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushing

Cool , thanks! Any screen shots to see what I'm missing!?

I'll post a video within few hours
3rd May 2015, 12:59 PM |#4  
JellyKitkatLoli's Avatar
Senior Member
█▬█ █ ▀█▀
Thanks Meter: 282
 
More
Just a question since I don't know about your carrier but it's a good question since you live in a completely differnet area from mine, How's your reception over there?
With a international rom there shouldn't be a difference with anything from the ROMs over here but I need this information for something.
BTW this will make the VZW m8 into a Fully Compatible T-Mobile Version (However that requires some common SENSE ), that thread is severely outdated for today.
Also about Layopta's kernel; tip - Just pick the international version and do UNIVERISAL RAMDISK, forget about Verizon, free yourself folks, free yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyKitkatLoli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JellyKitkatLoli Ad-Free
3rd May 2015, 03:39 PM |#5  
crazykas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 168
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyKitkatLoli

Just a question since I don't know about your carrier but it's a good question since you live in a completely differnet area from mine, How's your reception over there?
With a international rom there shouldn't be a difference with anything from the ROMs over here but I need this information for something.
BTW this will make the VZW m8 into a Fully Compatible T-Mobile Version (However that requires some common SENSE ), that thread is severely outdated for today.
Also about Layopta's kernel; tip - Just pick the international version and do UNIVERISAL RAMDISK, forget about Verizon, free yourself folks, free yourself.

I live in Sri Lanka.I have great reception!Thanks for that UNIVERISAL RAMDISK thing.Last time i chose UNIVERISAL,rom didn't rom.That's why i said that.I'll Update the OP.
4th May 2015, 09:07 AM |#6  
Bobbi lim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,533
 
Donate to Me
More
@crazykas This kernels - BeyondStock Kernel, SkyDragon Kernel & HyperNova kernel all are universal kernel that works as well

If you use these kernel, whichever ROM you want to flash, be it GSM or CDMA, everything will work fine Just flash the desired ROM and either one of these kernels
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobbi lim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bobbi lim Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 09:36 AM |#7  
crazykas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 168
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi lim

@crazykas This kernels - BeyondStock Kernel, SkyDragon Kernel & HyperNova kernel all are universal kernel that works as well

If you use these kernel, whichever ROM you want to flash, be it GSM or CDMA, everything will work fine Just flash the desired ROM and either one of these kernels

much appriciate your help guys!!!thanks alott
5th May 2015, 03:35 PM |#8  
Bobbi lim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,533
 
Donate to Me
More
@crazykas I left out Elite kernel that works as well
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobbi lim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bobbi lim Ad-Free
5th May 2015, 10:45 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Durango, MX
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thumbs up
it's great, works perfectly, I flash the rom, Android_Revolution_HD-One_M8_41.0_866186, and works very well.

My carrier is TELCEL, and everything works, SMS, LTE (4G), voice call

The battery is great
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macro_dgo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift macro_dgo Ad-Free
5th July 2015, 11:41 AM |#10  
crazykas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 168
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macro_dgo

it's great, works perfectly, I flash the rom, Android_Revolution_HD-One_M8_41.0_866186, and works very well.

My carrier is TELCEL, and everything works, SMS, LTE (4G), voice call

The battery is great

Nice t hear!!
11th July 2015, 09:11 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
verizon HTC m8
I have veizon htc m8 using in pakistan i have installed S rom ( sence 7 ) on it it works absolutely fine no force close apps no bugs and excellent battery life


i recommend S rom with latest sense 7, go fot it

Sorry dont know how to share link but you guys can find it easily
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes