FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Lollipop Rolls Out to M8

396 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By tailgunner9, Senior Member on 4th March 2015, 01:37 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

4th March 2015, 02:26 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,395

Donate to Me
More
Great to hear, looking forward to the new radios
4th March 2015, 05:10 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
update for GSM
hey!Im currently using this phone on a gsm carrier. .anyway i can update the phone directly by putting it in CDMA mode or something?Or do i need to wait for a RUU to flash?Thanks!
4th March 2015, 10:15 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Has anyone been able to get the ota update from verizon ?

I went back to completely stock 4.4.4 rom with no system roms removed, stock 4.4.4 recovery and I flashed back to 4.4.4 firmware and the verizon ota updates keeps coming up that I have the latest software.

I know its out because verizon itself even shows it on the net going over the update in detail. They even show you can also get the update through the htc sync software by plugging your m8 in to yuour computer usb port and downloading the update. Which the htc sync software keeps showing no update either.

It would show a repair software option though which I tried that knowing I would still have s-off even if they did relock my bootloader because I could change my cid and use htc dev to unlock that if I needed to.

Anyone have any luck going back to stock and taking the LP ota from verizon ?
4th March 2015, 11:40 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M9guy

Has anyone been able to get the ota update from verizon ?

I went back to completely stock 4.4.4 rom with no system roms removed, stock 4.4.4 recovery and I flashed back to 4.4.4 firmware and the verizon ota updates keeps coming up that I have the latest software.

I know its out because verizon itself even shows it on the net going over the update in detail. They even show you can also get the update through the htc sync software by plugging your m8 in to yuour computer usb port and downloading the update. Which the htc sync software keeps showing no update either.

It would show a repair software option though which I tried that knowing I would still have s-off even if they did relock my bootloader because I could change my cid and use htc dev to unlock that if I needed to.

Anyone have any luck going back to stock and taking the LP ota from verizon ?

Just be careful when flashing the new lollipop. Jcase has said get root before flashing lollipop.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app
4th March 2015, 01:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
No mention of enabling VoLTE...
4th March 2015, 03:00 PM |#7  
Flag Ohio - land of the boring
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNsTeReNeRgY22

No mention of enabling VoLTE...

That would be most annoying if they did not. Seems like other handsets the same age have it. If this is a ploy by HTC to get you to keep buying phones I might reconsider another HTC..
4th March 2015, 03:21 PM |#8  
Flag Varies
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carm01

Seems like other handsets the same age have it. If this is a ploy by HTC to get you to keep buying phones I might reconsider another HTC..

The Lollipop update to the AT&T version of the M8 has VoLTE, indicating it's probably a carrier thing more than an HTC thing.
4th March 2015, 03:28 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
FoxFi
Does anyone know if FoxFi will still work after the Lollipop Update?
4th March 2015, 03:36 PM |#10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 677

More
Has anyone actually received it? Droid-Life said it started rolling out last night.
The Following User Says Thank You to just lou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread