Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Are you using a battery saver?

OP mentallo

3rd July 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 49

230 posts
More
I'm using Green Power for a while now but lately I have been thinking that it might not be needed anymore.

What are your thoughts and what are you using to save battery.
4th July 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

110 posts
Personally, I think they're a placebo effect, but I never gone in depth to do any real comparisons so I could be wrong. And the M8 has a good enough battery to where I don't consider needing a battery saver.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
4th July 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 556

2,126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentallo

I'm using Green Power for a while now but lately I have been thinking that it might not be needed anymore.

What are your thoughts and what are you using to save battery.

I ran Qualcomm's Battery Guru app customized for our CPU on my Rezound and now my M8, but ultimately decided that I would just run in standard powersave mode. My kernel lets me undervolt and overclock, so I get decent battery life coupled with fairly good performance without ruining any other battery software.
5th July 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 312

1,006 posts
More
I use the built in batterysave in CleanROM combined with ART. Great combination.
8th July 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 438

1,217 posts
More
I use the built-in Power Saver, along with Greenify.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
5th September 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag Vale
Thanks Meter: 30

161 posts
More
greenify and wakelock detector here. tried all the battery savers on stock rom for heck of it and thought they drained my battery a little bit. Only one i know actually worked was deep sleep battery saver but i dont use xposed anymore so had to give that up
5th September 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 36

316 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTurbo

greenify and wakelock detector here. tried all the battery savers on stock rom for heck of it and thought they drained my battery a little bit. Only one i know actually worked was deep sleep battery saver but i dont use xposed anymore so had to give that up

Same here. Greenify and wld are great. Very little resource use.

HTC One M8/CM11/Excalibur 0.5
7th September 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #8  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 203

850 posts
More
What ever for? [Imgur link, SFW; shows my battery stats this morning]

If I can get 20 hours to 30%, I can probably get 30 hours on a full charge. But I put my phone on the charger when I go to sleep. If I didn't, I'd be shooting for a 40 hour drain. That's kind of high expectations for a stock battery. Why not just charge it every time you go to bed?

I'm running the latest CleanROM in Dalvik mode, whatever kernel comes with it and zero battery saving apps. I do have the option ticked as you can see at the link where it cuts off your data when the screen is off (like Deep Sleep Battery Saver, and others). But the battery saver itself is off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread