Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Verizon Not Going To Throttle Unlimited 4G Afterall

OP Kane5581

2nd October 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Verizon backs off plans to throttle unlimited data users:
http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-bac...ed-data-users/

Awesome news.
Last edited by Kane5581; 2nd October 2014 at 12:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kane5581 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Saylorsburg, PA
Thanks Meter: 21
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Sweet victory! Perhaps the FCC finally did its job?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
2nd October 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Honestly I think it may have been a good idea, after all why should data hogs get to slow everyone else's speeds down ? If someone is using a ridiculous amount of data why should everyone else have to suffer for it ?
2nd October 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #4  
dante020's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

Honestly I think it may have been a good idea, after all why should data hogs get to slow everyone else's speeds down ? If someone is using a ridiculous amount of data why should everyone else have to suffer for it ?

Or maybe, since some customers are entitled to unlimited data, Verizon should keep their infrastructure updated and upgraded to handle the demand rather than blame someone for using a service they're paying for.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dante020 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante020

Or maybe, since some customers are entitled to unlimited data, Verizon should keep their infrastructure updated and upgraded to handle the demand rather than blame someone for using a service they're paying for.

I"am talking about the real data hogs the ones that stream videos all day long. With all their customers it would be nearly impossible to be able update that much to where the data hogs dont affect all the others using data, they can only do so much its not like they can just pull those kind of updates out of there arse.

I"am talking realistically that is why verizons data is slower than at&t's because verizons is already congested enough then add on data hogs and everyone else feels the effects of the over users, which its the ones that brag about how much data they use like they are proud of it and try to use as much as they can and have no reguard for anyone but themselves.
2nd October 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #6  
dante020's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

I"am talking about the real data hogs the ones that stream videos all day long. With all their customers it would be nearly impossible to be able update that much to where the data hogs dont affect all the others using data, they can only do so much its not like they can just pull those kind of updates out of there arse.

I"am talking realistically that is why verizons data is slower than at&t's because verizons is already congested enough then add on data hogs and everyone else feels the effects of the over users, which its the ones that brag about how much data they use like they are proud of it and try to use as much as they can and have no reguard for anyone but themselves.

Streaming videos all day long should be an acceptable use of unlimited data. The real problem is people torrenting and tethering and racking up 100+GB/mo. Even then, those people are a vast minority and I doubt they have a realistic effect when looking at the big picture.
2nd October 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
299 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

I"am talking about the real data hogs the ones that stream videos all day long.

Well, the problem with that is, from what I've read Verizon has said the top so called 5 percent (of "data hogs") supposedly is those that use 4 GBs and up. I find it hard to believe that 4 gigs makes the top 5 percent. I'm one who still has unlimited data. I use anywhere from 4 GB's to 6 GB's of data a month. Something that isn't hard to do. If I happen to use 5 GB's, or even 10, I'd like to know how my 5 congest the network anymore than somebody who's on a 10 gig plan and uses 5 in that same month does.

To me, it's obvious this was nothing more than a ploy to try to force those that still have unlimited data to get off it. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it if they'd do the same with everyone. But to just single somebody like me out when the guy who has a 10 gig plan uses more than I do is, well, like I said, it's obvious what it is.

It seems to me if they want to get rid of the unlimited data users they should just eliminate the plan. Can't quite figure out why they don't do that. Nobody who has unlimited has a contract with them anymore so I can't see any legal type reason. Perhaps there are more of us left out there than I think and they are worried that it would cause too many customers to jump and run. So, instead, try to squeeze them out slowly and eventually when there isn't enough of them left to worry about, eliminate the plan all together.

Can anybody tell me how my 4-6 GBs a month congests the network anymore than the guy who has a 10 GB plan and uses the same does? I didn't think so.
Last edited by robocuff; 2nd October 2014 at 02:51 PM.
2nd October 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante020

Streaming videos all day long should be an acceptable use of unlimited data. The real problem is people torrenting and tethering and racking up 100+GB/mo. Even then, those people are a vast minority and I doubt they have a realistic effect when looking at the big picture.

I think they should be cut to at least half speed when they go over 5 gb's that is fairly reasonable. I think they slow things down more than people realize, you have to take in to account how congested a lot of towers can be in populated areas and they are infringing upon the rights of others, Why should they be able to slow everyone else down ?
2nd October 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #9  
dante020's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

I think they should be cut to at least half speed when they go over 5 gb's that is fairly reasonable. I think they slow things down more than people realize, you have to take in to account how congested a lot of towers can be in populated areas and they are infringing upon the rights of others, Why should they be able to slow everyone else down ?

I think you're missing the point - if you're sold an "unlimited" service it should be unlimited. It's fully Verizon's responsibility to provide the infrastructure that can support the service they sold. If they can't support said service then they shouldn't have it as an option.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dante020 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff

Well, the problem with that is, from what I've read Verizon has said the top so called 5 percent (of "data hogs") supposedly is those that use 4 GBs and up. I find it hard to believe that 4 gigs makes the top 5 percent. I'm one who still has unlimited data. I use anywhere from 4 GB's to 6 GB's of data a month. Something that isn't hard to do. If I happen to use 5 GB's, or even 10, I'd like to know how my 5 congest the network anymore than somebody who's on a 10 gig plan and uses 5 in that same month does.

To me, it's obvious this was nothing more than a ploy to try to force those that still have unlimited data to get off it. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it if they'd do the same with everyone. But to just single somebody like me out when the guy who has a 10 gig plan uses more than I do is, well, like I said, it's obvious what it is.

It seems to me if they want to get rid of the unlimited data users they should just eliminate the plan. Can't quite figure out why they don't do that. Nobody who has unlimited has a contract with them anymore so I can't see any legal type reason. Perhaps there are more of us left out there than I think and they are worried that it would cause too many customers to jump and run. So, instead, try to squeeze them out slowly and eventually when there isn't enough of them left to worry about, eliminate the plan all together.

Can anybody tell me how my 4-6 GBs a month congests the network anymore than the guy who has a 10 GB plan and uses the same does? I didn't think so.

I"am not talking about total data per say I"am talking about data hogs that slow down others in populated areas, if the data speed is there then I think it shouldn't matter but when they are infringing upon the rights of others by slowing them down because they are being a " Data Hog " then they should be cut to half speed.

I"am not saying cut them to 3g speed but cut them to half the lte speed if they are affecting the use of others speed wise.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes