Android Pay

Search This thread

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind
Can't get this working. Errors out at ""Android Pay cannot be used. Google is unable to verify that your device or the software running on it is Android compatible". I'm on Neo Adrenaline 2.4 with newest firmware. Tried with and without Xposed, with/without SU ticked/unticked, with/without RootCloak plus Xposed module running.

Seems to affect many platforms including some all stock.

Any ideas?

Skitals

Sep 7, 2010
Can't get this working. Errors out at ""Android Pay cannot be used. Google is unable to verify that your device or the software running on it is Android compatible". I'm on Neo Adrenaline 2.4 with newest firmware. Tried with and without Xposed, with/without SU ticked/unticked, with/without RootCloak plus Xposed module running.

Any ideas?

I can confirm it works on stock/rooted RUU when you disable root via supersu app.

I believe for custom roms, it's not doing a root check per se, but a new device compatibilty check. This (new) xposed module should return the check true: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.pyler.nodevicecheck

Reactions: schneid

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind

carm01

Jun 17, 2011
Ohio - land of the boring
Thanks for the tip but it didn't work either.

But, maybe I to ditch Adrenaline. What stock/rooted RUU did you flash? Thanks.

Try going to your build.prop file and changing the following

ro.product.version=ADRENALINE 2.4 Port Final

to

ro.product.version=4.17.605.5

I am not sure what build NEO used, but it is a suggestion

make sure you do a uninstall and DELETE of the files mentioned here: http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8/themes-apps/android-pay-fyi-alert-t3205038

IF that works, I will add it to my OP

Last edited:

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind
Try going to your build.prop file and changing the following

ro.product.version=ADRENALINE 2.4 Port Final

to

ro.product.version=4.17.605.5

I am not sure what build NEO used, but it is a suggestion

make sure you do a uninstall and DELETE of the files mentioned here: http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8/themes-apps/android-pay-fyi-alert-t3205038

IF that works, I will add it to my OP

No joy. Tried ro.product.version=4.17.605.5 and ro.product.version=4.17.605.9 as I am on the new Firmware.

What stock/rooted ROM did you use? Might be time to clean house.

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind
Flashed Fluent 6.1 and disabled SU. Tried adding a Citi and USAA card, both advertised as approved, but Pay told to me use a card from an authorized bank. Did NOT get the incompatible message. Got an email from Google saying I successfully added a card and a $1.00 transaction appeared on my USAA card. Enabled SU and again got the incompatible message. Since my 'banks" aren't approved anyway, I TWRP'd back to Adrenaline. Android Pay is too hard for me.

carm01

Jun 17, 2011
Ohio - land of the boring
Flashed Fluent 6.1 and disabled SU. Tried adding a Citi and USAA card, both advertised as approved, but Pay told to me use a card from an authorized bank. Did NOT get the incompatible message. Got an email from Google saying I successfully added a card and a $1.00 transaction appeared on my USAA card. Enabled SU and again got the incompatible message. Since my 'banks" aren't approved anyway, I TWRP'd back to Adrenaline. Android Pay is too hard for me.

I can add my cards successfully, but when I go and attempt to pay with them Android Pay tells me that that my card is not supported in Android Pay of something to that effect.

Are you stating that if I do no have SU enabled then it will work and I will be able to use the cards I have in AP?

To be honest that is a complete nightmare to disable SU every time i want to tap and pay. I just went back to Wallet, it just works flawlessly without jumping through hoops like that. Google made a huge FLOP on this one, not the first and won't be the last either.

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind
I can add my cards successfully, but when I go and attempt to pay with them Android Pay tells me that that my card is not supported in Android Pay of something to that effect.

Are you stating that if I do no have SU enabled then it will work and I will be able to use the cards I have in AP?

To be honest that is a complete nightmare to disable SU every time i want to tap and pay. I just went back to Wallet, it just works flawlessly without jumping through hoops like that. Google made a huge FLOP on this one, not the first and won't be the last either.

The OP is stating that. I've struck-out completely.

dbrits

Aug 28, 2010
California
Has anyone had any success using Android Pay on a non-stock ROM? I'm on CleanROM. I disabled superuser and was able to add my Amex, but I receive the same "card is not supported" error.

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind

TraderJack

Oct 5, 2008
Google Pixel 3 XL
I can confirm working with clean install of:
[ROM|RADIO|FIRMWARE][5.0.1] Stock-Rooted | Sense 6 | m8vzw | 09-09-15
http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8/development/wip-4-17-605-9-stock-resources-firmware-t3196906
and SU ticked OFF.

Have my USAA MC and Amex and PayPal cards working.

My Citi AAdvantage cards are NOT supported. Citi CS has a long list of other unsupported cards even though Google and them are hyping their cards are supported

I am using the same ROM (the unbloated version) and was ONLY able to get it working by disabling root AND removing Xposed framework.

schneid

Dec 3, 2007
In the wind
I have yet to see if it actually works but I do suspect Xposed may screw it up. I'll stick with plastic rather than give up Xposed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas?

I can confirm it works on stock/rooted RUU when you disable root via supersu app.

I believe for custom roms, it's not doing a root check per se, but a new device compatibilty check. This (new) xposed module should return the check true: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.pyler.nodevicecheck