Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

convert to GPE or International model

Tip us?
 
kaframaster
Old
(Last edited by kaframaster; 24th August 2014 at 05:01 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 104
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Surabaya

 
DONATE TO ME
Default convert to GPE or International model

hey, as the titled said, I have htc one m8 verizon and I want to convert to GPE or International is it possible?

because i don't really need CDMA and also wanna get off from annoying "non verizon SIM" notification

my m8 is S-off and modified SuperCID

thanks
 
iii2
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 95
Join Date: Oct 2012
unfortunately it's not possible. You can install any rom made for verizon that you wan't there's even a one that is identical for the GPE rom but the device will always stays cdma.
maybe for the sim message there's a solution, but I didn't find any.
 
ImHavenHart
Old
#3  
ImHavenHart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 196
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaframaster View Post
hey, as the titled said, I have htc one m8 verizon and I want to convert to GPE or International is it possible?

because i don't really need CDMA and also wanna get off from annoying "non verizon SIM" notification

my m8 is S-off and modified SuperCID

thanks
Flash Revolution HD Rom (8.1 if you're 4.4.2), choose International Variant. This will convert your phone to an international variant and it disables CDMA. It changes it to toggle between GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto which also allows you to get some LTE in some areas. I did it with my Verizon M8. I'm using AT&T sim card and I'm getting LTE in some areas byt mostly HSDPA. No more "unknown sim" crap and CDMA is disabled since you won't be needing it. Here is a youtube video which shows how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GhybCyd4Pg
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Current
OnePlus One - Next
LG G3 - Next
The Following User Says Thank You to ImHavenHart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
boazlaz
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default arhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHavenHart View Post
Flash Revolution HD Rom (8.1 if you're 4.4.2), choose International Variant. This will convert your phone to an international variant and it disables CDMA. It changes it to toggle between GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto which also allows you to get some LTE in some areas. I did it with my Verizon M8. I'm using AT&T sim card and I'm getting LTE in some areas byt mostly HSDPA. No more "unknown sim" crap and CDMA is disabled since you won't be needing it. Here is a youtube video which shows how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GhybCyd4Pg

where can i find ARHD 8.1?
cant find it anywhere
 
ImHavenHart
Old
#5  
ImHavenHart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 196
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by boazlaz View Post
where can i find ARHD 8.1?
cant find it anywhere
It should be in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54781317
If not hit me up in my inbox and I'll upload it to Google Drive.
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Current
OnePlus One - Next
LG G3 - Next
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes