Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera lens solution..

Tip us?

schwartz.matthew.e
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default Camera lens solution..

Hey everyone. What's the general consensus on how to fix the camera lens? From what I'm seeing, it is to remove a so called film on the lens.

Anyone have any experience with this? My camera is next to worthless and that is obviously very disappointing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz.matthew.e View Post
Hey everyone. What's the general consensus on how to fix the camera lens? From what I'm seeing, it is to remove a so called film on the lens.

Anyone have any experience with this? My camera is next to worthless and that is obviously very disappointing.

Moist paper towel and some rubbing is all it took on the ones I've done

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:

Already a thread on this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2775792

I used a Mr clean magic eraser, worked great. Look at the third to last post.

schwartz.matthew.e
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
I ended up not using a Mr clean because of the way Mr clean works. It can really cause scratches to the lens because of its rigidity once wet.

I ended up using a q tip and rubbing alcohol. It worked like a charm. Perfect lens now!

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
I ended up not using a Mr clean because of the way Mr clean works. It can really cause scratches to the lens because of its rigidity once wet.

I ended up using a q tip and rubbing alcohol. It worked like a charm. Perfect lens now!

Maybe I'll do that to get rid of the tiny bit left on the camera fringe. I'm just afraid of using a solvent because I'm afraid of it getting on the inside of the camera and loosening an important adhesive

schwartz.matthew.e
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
Maybe I'll do that to get rid of the tiny bit left on the camera fringe. I'm just afraid of using a solvent because I'm afraid of it getting on the inside of the camera and loosening an important adhesive

It works like a charm bro! I was going to take my phone in to get swapped out today actually. I tried this as a last attempt and it worked perfectly. The body is sealed so you don't need to worry about anything getting inside of the phone.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
It works like a charm bro! I was going to take my phone in to get swapped out today actually. I tried this as a last attempt and it worked perfectly. The body is sealed so you don't need to worry about anything getting inside of the phone.

The camera against the metal body isn't completely sealed. But should be sealed enough.