Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

TWRP Unable to mount data... crap

OP wtoj34

31st August 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 156

636 posts
More
So I just went into recovery (buck's twrp) to flash me some aosp, it worked fine but I forgot to get a gps lock in sense before I flashed so I went into recovery to restore a nandroid and I got the dreaded "unable to mount /data, and unable to mount internal storage. Tried reflashing buck's twrp in fastboot and no dice. I have the RUU downloading although I would hate to have to go through that. Any recommendations? I;m going to try flashing philz recovery right now
31st August 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX

636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

So I just went into recovery (buck's twrp) to flash me some aosp, it worked fine but I forgot to get a gps lock in sense before I flashed so I went into recovery to restore a nandroid and I got the dreaded "unable to mount /data, and unable to mount internal storage. Tried reflashing buck's twrp in fastboot and no dice. I have the RUU downloading although I would hate to have to go through that. Any recommendations? I;m going to try flashing philz recovery right now

Just plugged it into my pc to try to flash philz and a pop up came up saying that the file system is currupt. Ugh. I'm so p/o'd right now. Is RUU my only choice right now to repair this if any?
31st August 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX

636 posts
More
Just flashed RUU. Same thing. Going to dry formatting in windows device manager now
31st August 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 73

380 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

In TWRP go to Wipe < Format Data and do that and it should fix your /data problem. Before doing that I recommend just using the advanced wipe and ticking /data /cache /boot & /system and then re-trying. Also afterwards a good ROM to start with would be Cyanogenmod, I've had the least number of problems with that than any other, especially when helping people with issues like this. I actually had someone who's only way of fixing his issue was flashing that.... odd I know but that is why I always recommend it after having this issue.

Edit: just seen you've did an RUU and your problem is still persisting, I still recommend doing the 'Format Data' option in TWRP, this is known (at least to me) to fix most if not all problems with mounting...
Last edited by S1L3nTShaDoWz; 31st August 2014 at 07:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to S1L3nTShaDoWz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX

636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz

In TWRP go to Wipe < Format Data and do that and it should fix your /data problem. Before doing that I recommend just using the advanced wipe and ticking /data /cache /boot & /system and then re-trying. Also afterwards a good ROM to start with would be Cyanogenmod, I've had the least number of problems with that than any other, especially when helping people with issues like this. I actually had someone who's only way of fixing his issue was flashing that.... odd I know but that is why I always recommend it after having this issue.

Edit: just seen you've did an RUU and your problem is still persisting, I still recommend doing the 'Format Data' option in TWRP, this is known (at least to me) to fix most if not all problems with mounting...

Thanks a bunch dude, appreciate it. Restoring a nandroid now, had no issues with data yet. Phew. That was an exciting night
31st August 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 59

443 posts
Yep its a stressful problem when it happens.

Sent from my One M8 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread