FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TWRP Unable to mount data... crap

715 posts
Thanks Meter: 199

By wtoj34, Senior Member on 31st August 2014, 05:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I just went into recovery (buck's twrp) to flash me some aosp, it worked fine but I forgot to get a gps lock in sense before I flashed so I went into recovery to restore a nandroid and I got the dreaded "unable to mount /data, and unable to mount internal storage. Tried reflashing buck's twrp in fastboot and no dice. I have the RUU downloading although I would hate to have to go through that. Any recommendations? I;m going to try flashing philz recovery right now

31st August 2014, 06:01 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

So I just went into recovery (buck's twrp) to flash me some aosp, it worked fine but I forgot to get a gps lock in sense before I flashed so I went into recovery to restore a nandroid and I got the dreaded "unable to mount /data, and unable to mount internal storage. Tried reflashing buck's twrp in fastboot and no dice. I have the RUU downloading although I would hate to have to go through that. Any recommendations? I;m going to try flashing philz recovery right now

Just plugged it into my pc to try to flash philz and a pop up came up saying that the file system is currupt. Ugh. I'm so p/o'd right now. Is RUU my only choice right now to repair this if any?
31st August 2014, 06:34 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX

More
Just flashed RUU. Same thing. Going to dry formatting in windows device manager now
31st August 2014, 06:36 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

In TWRP go to Wipe < Format Data and do that and it should fix your /data problem. Before doing that I recommend just using the advanced wipe and ticking /data /cache /boot & /system and then re-trying. Also afterwards a good ROM to start with would be Cyanogenmod, I've had the least number of problems with that than any other, especially when helping people with issues like this. I actually had someone who's only way of fixing his issue was flashing that.... odd I know but that is why I always recommend it after having this issue.

Edit: just seen you've did an RUU and your problem is still persisting, I still recommend doing the 'Format Data' option in TWRP, this is known (at least to me) to fix most if not all problems with mounting...
The Following User Says Thank You to S1L3nTShaDoWz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S1L3nTShaDoWz Ad-Free
31st August 2014, 06:41 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz

In TWRP go to Wipe < Format Data and do that and it should fix your /data problem. Before doing that I recommend just using the advanced wipe and ticking /data /cache /boot & /system and then re-trying. Also afterwards a good ROM to start with would be Cyanogenmod, I've had the least number of problems with that than any other, especially when helping people with issues like this. I actually had someone who's only way of fixing his issue was flashing that.... odd I know but that is why I always recommend it after having this issue.

Edit: just seen you've did an RUU and your problem is still persisting, I still recommend doing the 'Format Data' option in TWRP, this is known (at least to me) to fix most if not all problems with mounting...

Thanks a bunch dude, appreciate it. Restoring a nandroid now, had no issues with data yet. Phew. That was an exciting night
31st August 2014, 06:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Yep its a stressful problem when it happens.

Sent from my One M8 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)