[Q] Earpiece audio not working in new Hangouts dialer

Search This thread

hesomist

May 11, 2014
Has anyone tested the new Hangouts Dialer with CM11? The earpiece audio doesn't work on my M8 with the M9 build installed. Speakerphone works fine, though, and the earpiece audio works fine using the regular dialer. I thought it could be an xposed mod so I uninstalled and rebooted, but the earpiece still didn't work.

I did a factory reset and installed the M9 build along with CM's gapps, updated Hangouts to the new version, installed the Dialer, but the earpiece still doesn't work. I restored a nandroid of a different ROM from a couple of weeks ago (digitalhigh's GPE), updated Hangouts, installed the Dialer, and the earpiece works like a charm. So it seems like it's just a HTC M8/CM11 issue?

Thanks in advance for any input!

hesomist

May 11, 2014
Earpiece working with a 9/4 unofficial CM build

I did another factory reset and flashed a 9/4 unofficial CM build and the earpiece works just fine. So it appears it's a bug with the M9 build. Will try out M10 when it's released and crossing my fingers it will be fixed.

hesomist

May 11, 2014
I did another factory reset and flashed a 9/4 unofficial CM build and the earpiece works just fine. So it appears it's a bug with the M9 build. Will try out M10 when it's released and crossing my fingers it will be fixed.

M10 fixed the earpiece audio issue with the Hangouts Dialer. (For those of you paying attention to this thread. ;) )