Firewater S-off Not working i fail at second bottle chugging

OP htcdude123

20th July 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
I have been trying to figure this out for the past 4.5 hours. I have searched numerous forums but cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. I am using OSX and thought that might be the source but this is my second HTC One (M8) and I had no problem with the first one.

I have also tried this on a Windows 7 computer and get the same results... as follows, i only put the end after you except the firewater exploit with a "Yes".

!!If firewater hangs for more than 2 minutes or device enters qhusb mode, hold power for 60 seconds !!
================================================== =======================
preparing, one moment

The first bottle is open
chugging..........
whelp, that bottle is empty, opening bottle 2
chugging..........
XXXXXXX-MacBook-Pro: platform-tools XXXXXXX$

has anyone else had an issue with this? Im wondering if the "HTC Sync Manager" that is on the phone is screwing up the process. because im using the WeakSause Temproot and When I'm in the shell waiting for root so i can enter "su" the HTC Sync Manager pops up and knocks me out of the Shell.

Please help this is driving me nuts and is ruining my weekend!
20th July 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cortland NY
Thanks Meter: 58

341 posts
More
Yes, you gotta uninstall it and leave the driver
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #3  
Flag Saylorsburg, PA
Thanks Meter: 20

221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0

This.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
20th July 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #4  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 188

669 posts
If you're on a Mac you can just uninstall HTC sync manager. Don't worry about the drivers.
20th July 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0

I understand that. I'm talking about the window that pops up when u plug the phone into the computer. It pops a window up for u to install HTC sync. I think it's inturupting the shell commands since root takes 30+ sec for me to get su du to the delay in the weaksause exploit
20th July 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

If you're on a Mac you can just uninstall HTC sync manager. Don't worry about the drivers.

I did uninstall sync. From what I'm reading I think the updated boot loader might be the issue? That is according to other posts. I'm not sure.

It seems like if this is the case the sunshine s-off method is the only choice I have I just want to make triple sure before I invest $25
20th July 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 35

470 posts
Angry
Its because firewater no longer works, you have to use the sunshine app now to get s-off. And sunshine is not a donation type of deal, you have to fork over $25 up front if you want s-off and that is $25 per phone. The saying goes nothing is for free anymore, unless you count the polluted air lol. Have to give them credit though as they know they have you over a barrel and they really thought this one through.
20th July 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #8  
Flag Olathe

669 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

Its because firewater no longer works, you have to use the sunshine app now to get s-off. And sunshine is not a donation type of deal, you have to fork over $25 up front if you want s-off and that is $25 per phone. The saying goes nothing is for free anymore, unless you count the polluted air lol. Have to give them credit though as they know they have you over a barrel and they really thought this one through.

Edit: just saw your reply in the other thread.
20th July 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 35

470 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6

Edit: just saw your reply in the other thread.

Yeah supposedly the exploit for firewater no longer works and it says that when you try to use firewater and it fails. I had it work on the newest software a couple weeks ago, but now it wouldnt work on another verizon m8 I tried for a friend. For all we know the people that made firewater joined in with the team that made sunshine and both share the $25 per device fee. If you think about it that fee probably really adds up to some serious cash. Or for all we know its all done by htc and they are the ones charging the $25 fee as a way to get more money lol, but then they would probably do that on the other models of m8 also, unless sprint, at&t & tmobile requested that htcdev be able to unlock their customers devices. No matter how you look at it someone is making some good money from sunshine.
20th July 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #10  
Flag Olathe

669 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

Yeah supposedly the exploit for firewater no longer works and it says that when you try to use firewater and it fails. I had it work on the newest software a couple weeks ago, but now it wouldnt work on another verizon m8 I tried for a friend. For all we know the people that made firewater joined in with the team that made sunshine and both share the $25 per device fee. If you think about it that fee probably really adds up to some serious cash. Or for all we know its all done by htc and they are the ones charging the $25 fee as a way to get more money lol, but then they would probably do that on the other models of m8 also, unless sprint, at&t & tmobile requested that htcdev be able to unlock their customers devices. No matter how you look at it someone is making some good money from sunshine.

Makes sense I suppose...better save my old download haha. I did donate to the firewater team twice when it first came out for the m7, though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread