Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Firmware and ARHD Question

Tip us?

AmbitiousDonut
Old
(Last edited by AmbitiousDonut; 9th August 2014 at 08:41 PM.) Reason: Answered part of my own question.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Firmware and ARHD Question

I'm super new to ROMs and not just using my little stock android phone. For example, it took me a large part of last week to figure out how to root and s-off my phone by myself as I was having the non-loading binaries issue with SuperSU that a lot of people seem to be having.
So, sorry if this is a silly question but I'm still at the ELI5 level.

I'm over in Europe but have a Verizon m8 from my visit to the States.

I was looking at ARHD but saw that the newest version isn't working well on the 1.55.605.2 firmware. Is it possible for me to flash 2.22.401.4 firmware that the European M8s have been getting with the 4.4.3 update?
Will my phone still work and maybe even play nicer with the MVNOs (that don't seem to want to work no matter what APN I use)?
Or will my phone quit working and go on a puppy eating rampage?

On a side note, how do radios fit in with firmware and is that maybe why my phone won't work on the MVNOs here but will work on the larger carriers? NM, it seems you shouldn't use other carriers radios or you get a brick.

Any insight to my stream of nonsense above is greatly appreciated!

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,797

DONATE TO ME
Closed per OP request.
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe