Galaxy s5 pop-up sms for m8?

OP platypuss94

23rd August 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag camas
Thanks Meter: 39

242 posts
More
I don't know if anyone has used the gs5 but one of the features I loved from it was a quick pop up for sms that you could reply in and send off without closing the app you are in. It was very handy say if you are playing a game or don't want exit g+.

I know there are some apps on the play store called pop up but they are ugly and not very smooth. And when you reply in them it still shows as an unread on your messages. So all around they are far from perfect.

I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this for xposed or maybe just a root app. Let me know if you see anything like this because I would love to have it on the m8.

Thanks guys
23rd August 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #2  
fort campbell ky
Thanks Meter: 111

411 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypuss94

I don't know if anyone has used the gs5 but one of the features I loved from it was a quick pop up for sms that you could reply in and send off without closing the app you are in. It was very handy say if you are playing a game or don't want exit g+.

I know there are some apps on the play store called pop up but they are ugly and not very smooth. And when you reply in them it still shows as an unread on your messages. So all around they are far from perfect.

I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this for xposed or maybe just a root app. Let me know if you see anything like this because I would love to have it on the m8.

Thanks guys

Oddly enough the verizon sms app does that, and you can sync it on multiple devices not just your phone. I have mine synced to my tablet and computer 😛
23rd August 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag camas
Thanks Meter: 39

242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahegry

Oddly enough the verizon sms app does that, and you can sync it on multiple devices not just your phone. I have mine synced to my tablet and computer 😛

Really? That's awesome. I'll check it out. I love the stock htc app for messaging but if i have to live with the Verizon app for the at feature I might as well try it out. Thank you for the heads up
23rd August 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #4  
fort campbell ky
Thanks Meter: 111

411 posts
More
Quote:

Really? That's awesome. I'll check it out. I love the stock htc app for messaging but if i have to live with the Verizon app for the at feature I might as well try it out. Thank you for the heads up

No problem, I hate the verizon bloatware but that app actually works flawlessly
The Following User Says Thank You to lahegry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

27 posts
Thumbs up Xposed
Quote:

Thanks guys

There is a setting in Sense 6 Toolbox under Various Mods - Popup Notification that is similar to the S5 feature. I use it all the time. You can make the back ground blur when you receive the notification and it looks nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akuma10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #6  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 16

124 posts
More
I know you may want to use the stock messaging app but the handcent app does this and I love it. I rarely go into the actual app. Here's the link if you want to check it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndcent.nextsms
29th August 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 23

175 posts
Just tried textra and I think it's one of the best sms apps there is. Has nice popup and reply features
29th August 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 48

219 posts
Try go sms… has pop up window for new msgs like u said, doesn't leave it as unread msg ,and is extremely customizable and theme-able
31st August 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #9  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 414

1,156 posts
More
If you use gpe or aosp Roms you can use heads up notifications.
31st August 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,272

4,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
I like this app it's called Heads-Up Notifications https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...0notifications

The Following User Says Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread