Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy s5 pop-up sms for m8?

Tip us?

platypuss94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Galaxy s5 pop-up sms for m8?

I don't know if anyone has used the gs5 but one of the features I loved from it was a quick pop up for sms that you could reply in and send off without closing the app you are in. It was very handy say if you are playing a game or don't want exit g+.

I know there are some apps on the play store called pop up but they are ugly and not very smooth. And when you reply in them it still shows as an unread on your messages. So all around they are far from perfect.

I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this for xposed or maybe just a root app. Let me know if you see anything like this because I would love to have it on the m8.

Thanks guys
Platypuss94

lahegry
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypuss94 View Post
I don't know if anyone has used the gs5 but one of the features I loved from it was a quick pop up for sms that you could reply in and send off without closing the app you are in. It was very handy say if you are playing a game or don't want exit g+.

I know there are some apps on the play store called pop up but they are ugly and not very smooth. And when you reply in them it still shows as an unread on your messages. So all around they are far from perfect.

I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this for xposed or maybe just a root app. Let me know if you see anything like this because I would love to have it on the m8.

Thanks guys
Oddly enough the verizon sms app does that, and you can sync it on multiple devices not just your phone. I have mine synced to my tablet and computer 😛
Currently has LG Intuition
Speak Softly And Carry A Cool Phone

platypuss94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahegry View Post
Oddly enough the verizon sms app does that, and you can sync it on multiple devices not just your phone. I have mine synced to my tablet and computer 😛
Really? That's awesome. I'll check it out. I love the stock htc app for messaging but if i have to live with the Verizon app for the at feature I might as well try it out. Thank you for the heads up
Platypuss94

lahegry
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Really? That's awesome. I'll check it out. I love the stock htc app for messaging but if i have to live with the Verizon app for the at feature I might as well try it out. Thank you for the heads up
No problem, I hate the verizon bloatware but that app actually works flawlessly
Currently has LG Intuition
Speak Softly And Carry A Cool Phone
The Following User Says Thank You to lahegry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Akuma10
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thumbs up Xposed

Quote:

Thanks guys
There is a setting in Sense 6 Toolbox under Various Mods - Popup Notification that is similar to the S5 feature. I use it all the time. You can make the back ground blur when you receive the notification and it looks nice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akuma10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stedrocklp
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I know you may want to use the stock messaging app but the handcent app does this and I love it. I rarely go into the actual app. Here's the link if you want to check it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndcent.nextsms

spydersilk
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Just tried textra and I think it's one of the best sms apps there is. Has nice popup and reply features

bdizzle1686
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Try go sms… has pop up window for new msgs like u said, doesn't leave it as unread msg ,and is extremely customizable and theme-able

toknitup420
Old
Thanks Meter 203
If you use gpe or aosp Roms you can use heads up notifications.

krazie1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,787
I like this app it's called Heads-Up Notifications https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...0notifications

The Following User Says Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]