Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Search Swype turns my screen off

Tip us?

Ciresamor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Google Search Swype turns my screen off

Afternoon,

Yesterday I restarted my phone and I noticed I got an option I hadn't gotten before. I can't remember exactly but it asked me if it wanted to start up using greenify or Google. I wasn't sure which to pick but as my finger hovered over to touch the Google option the greenify option was chosen.

Now, I've noticed, that when I Swype my for Google Search on the home screen, the screen turns off.

Any help on this?

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciresamor View Post
Afternoon,

Yesterday I restarted my phone and I noticed I got an option I hadn't gotten before. I can't remember exactly but it asked me if it wanted to start up using greenify or Google. I wasn't sure which to pick but as my finger hovered over to touch the Google option the greenify option was chosen.

Now, I've noticed, that when I Swype my for Google Search on the home screen, the screen turns off.

Any help on this?
Yes, navigate to settings > App manager > Greenify (may have to use search function to find this) > clear defaults. That should clear the default action from Greenifying your phone instead of giving you the option to do both. If you don't want to even have the option popup again and you only want Google search then just select it and tap always when you swipe up.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
The Following User Says Thank You to S1L3nTShaDoWz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]