Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Greenify Device Admin

Tip us?

Quadrider10
Old
(Last edited by Quadrider10; 30th August 2014 at 04:15 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Greenify Device Admin

hi, so i installed greenify and so far so good. the only thing thats bothering me is that when i hold down the home button, that search, wheel, thing shows up and occasionally i hit it on accident and it brings me to the device admin section for greenify. how can i stop this from happening?

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrider10 View Post
hi, so i installed greenify and so far so good. the only thing thats bothering me is that when i hold down the home button, that search, wheel, thing shows up and occasionally i hit it on accident and it brings me to the device admin section for greenify. how can i stop this from happening?
The only way to stop the search wheel thing would be to disable every app it wants you to open, only then will it stop opening when you hold it down. Disabling Greenifiy in specific doing that I'm not sure but I don't think there is any other way.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11

Quadrider10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
The only way to stop the search wheel thing would be to disable every app it wants you to open, only then will it stop opening when you hold it down. Disabling Greenifiy in specific doing that I'm not sure but I don't think there is any other way.
guess, ill have to greenify, greenify.... damn haha.

that sucks. did they just update it to do that? i dont remember it ever doing that.

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrider10 View Post
guess, ill have to greenify, greenify.... damn haha.

that sucks. did they just update it to do that? i dont remember it ever doing that.
Maybe? I rarely used Greenify, I only reinstalled it again yesterday. Last time I used it before that was months ago soo could be, back then I didn't really open that scroll wheel by mistake much so never noticed lol.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11

Quadrider10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
Maybe? I rarely used Greenify, I only reinstalled it again yesterday. Last time I used it before that was months ago soo could be, back then I didn't really open that scroll wheel by mistake much so never noticed lol.
Just checked. It was updated not too long ago. It's a shortcut to hibernate all apps and lock screen. Actually on the M8 that's not a bad thing. Imo it's better than s2s. But I have the Dot View case, so it's useless and annoying.