How to Convert Verizon M8 to AT&T

OP ImHavenHart

24th August 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 49

199 posts
Hello,
I have a Verizon M8 that i'm using with AT&T. Is there a way to convert my Verizon M8 to AT&T so that I can get LTE? Or can I at least flash the AT&T radio? I noticed this video shows a method for converting Verizon M8 to Tmobile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GhybCyd4Pg He is getting Tmobile LTE with Verizon M8 no problem.

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great!
Last edited by ImHavenHart; 25th August 2014 at 06:36 PM.
25th August 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 77

263 posts
More
This phone doesn't have the bands for At&t LTE. Best you would get is HSPA+.
25th August 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam3gX

This phone doesn't have the bands for At&t LTE. Best you would get is HSPA+.

Yes I know it doesn't have compatible bands for AT&T LTE. It doesn't have compatible bands for Tmobile LTE either, but someone demonstrated how to convert it so now he's using the Verizon M8 and is able to get Tmobile LTE without a problem. So there seems to be a way.
25th August 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

199 posts
I figured it out. For anyone else out there that has a Verizon M8 and are using it on AT&T, you can convert your phone to the AT&T variant. I'm getting LTE but not constantly, it switches between LTE and HSDPA but it's staying mostly on LTE. Yay!
26th November 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHavenHart

I figured it out. For anyone else out there that has a Verizon M8 and are using it on AT&T, you can convert your phone to the AT&T variant. I'm getting LTE but not constantly, it switches between LTE and HSDPA but it's staying mostly on LTE. Yay!

So how did you get it to work ? On the verizon forum all there is, is for converting to tmobile lte and nothing on converting to get at&t lte. Also what lte bands of at&t are you running on ?
26th November 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M9guy

So how did you get it to work ? On the verizon forum all there is, is for converting to tmobile lte and nothing on converting to get at&t lte. Also what lte bands of at&t are you running on ?

Hey there. I posted how I did it somewhere in the AT&T forum. I'm not sure where the post is though as it's been a few months and I don't have the M8 anymore. I sold it and bought a One Plus One, then sold that and bought a Note 4, so that was a couple of phones ago.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread