Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to root

Tip us?

thunderbls
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
No I did it on Windows 8.1 and fully wiped my computer to go back to Windows7 and did it so there should NOT be any m7 files whatsoever
Sorry what I meant was did you redownload the firewater file again or use what you had already downloaded?

LoneWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbls View Post
Sorry what I meant was did you redownload the firewater file again or use what you had already downloaded?
I re downloaded firewater and well everything else.

HTID_Pyro
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I literally just got s-off on mine 5 minutes ago using Firewater. It took me like ten tries. Try using the original micro usb the phone came with and if it doesn't work just unplug and try again. If that doesn't work 25$ for s-off is a great price for a sure thing. I hope you get it to work

brholt6
Old
Thanks Meter 153
When I got my phone a few weeks ago, it was up to date (firmware, hboot). I was able to gain s-off with the weaksauce/firewater method on the first go...what would cause firewater to not work on some VZW M8's?
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired

thunderbls
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I have pm'd the original files I used just over three months ago to several people requesting they try and get back to me but no one has responded. If anyone wants to try with my older files that is having issues with firewater pm me. Its just a thought.. The only other thing is that during the soff process a data connection is needing to be active. Something going on there?

Roefastford
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6 View Post
When I got my phone a few weeks ago, it was up to date (firmware, hboot). I was able to gain s-off with the weaksauce/firewater method on the first go...what would cause firewater to not work on some VZW M8's?
Its possible that firewater was altered to no longer work so there would be no choice but to fork over the $25 and use sunshine. I guess the name could apply to your wallet as the sun shines in it when your forced to open it lol.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Does anyone have an old download of firewater to compare to a new fresh download of it to see if the download files has changed ?

thunderbls
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
Its possible that firewater was altered to no longer work so there would be no choice but to fork over the $25 and use sunshine. I guess the name could apply to your wallet as the sun shines in it when your forced to open it lol.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Does anyone have an old download of firewater to compare to a new fresh download of it to see if the download files has changed ?
I have posted this and sent pm's to a few people with no response. Here is the file I downloaded initially.. maybe something changed in the weaksauce app as well that I would have to get from my pc from an old backup.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsxis3ai8ktzbgc/firewater.bin

kh6rsb
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Firewater no longer works; Sunshine works like a charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbls View Post
I have posted this and sent pm's to a few people with no response. Here is the file I downloaded initially.. maybe something changed in the weaksauce app as well that I would have to get from my pc from an old backup.
Something is changed and firewater no longer works. I spent 2 days doing everything in the forums and everyone is now having the same issue. The sunshine method works and its fast and easy. Save yourself some time and spend the $25 bucks.

thunderbls
Old
(Last edited by thunderbls; 21st July 2014 at 10:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboeckman View Post
Something is changed and firewater no longer works. I spent 2 days doing everything in the forums and everyone is now having the same issue. The sunshine method works and its fast and easy. Save yourself some time and spend the $25 bucks.
More about curiosity for me... I donate when I can and when it's due I am greatfull for what has been accomplished. $25 for soff is absolutely worth it and I have stated this but as much as it's hard to believe some people don't have an extra $25 to spend or can't arrange their finances to afford it. Would I have paid $25? Hell yeah but didn't have to because firewater was available. I agree... For those that are frustrated and are not able to use Firewater use sunshine quick and easy from what I have seen.