Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to flash any roms to M8

Tip us?

knifedroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Unable to flash any roms to M8

I hope someone can help me, I'm about to go insane.

Just got the M8. Got S-Off/unlocked bootloader via Sunshine (after trying via firewater for 5 hours before reading that method was patched. Achieved permanent root and flashed TWRP recovery. Made a backup. Wiped. Banged head against wall.

Have tried to flash both GPE and Viper. Have downloaded each twice. Have reflashed TWRP (through ADB and Rom Installer).

Every time I try to flash a rom, it fails. It just hangs for a few seconds then says: error flashing zip '/external_sd/ViperOneM8_1.7.1.zip'.

I can restore my backup through TWRP with no problem. Please help...I am at my wit's end.

mashk
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifedroid View Post

Just got the M8. Got S-Off/unlocked bootloader via Sunshine (after trying via firewater for 5 hours before reading that method was patched. Achieved permanent root and flashed TWRP recovery. Made a backup. Wiped. Banged head against wall.

Have tried to flash both GPE and Viper. Have downloaded each twice. Have reflashed TWRP (through ADB and Rom Installer).

Every time I try to flash a rom, it fails. It just hangs for a few seconds then says: error flashing zip '/external_sd/ViperOneM8_1.7.1.zip'.

I can restore my backup through TWRP with no problem. Please help...I am at my wit's end.
I ain't much of a guru but I think it would be easier to help when you state the errors you are receiving and possibly some screenshots!

thunderbls
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifedroid View Post

Could just be a bad download.. try redownloading to you internal memory and flash from there. I had this problem when I used my sdcard from a previous phone.. formatted the card and all was well after.