Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] anyone know what this icon is?

OP htcdude123

5th September 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
I'm sure some people are going to thing I'm dumb, but does anyone know what this icon is? My first thought was home something like home wifi but that doesn't make sense and the only two times I have seen it was at a tattoo parlor and at work.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-09-04-15-37-46_1_1.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  12.6 KB
5th September 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 155

633 posts
More
Settings, about, help, icon glossary. I believe it means you are somehow connected to a network extender
The Following User Says Thank You to wtoj34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 73

380 posts
More
I'm quite sure that is a 'network extender', what it does is it extends your mobile data to give you better signal, sort of like a little mini 4g tower or whatever.
5th September 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #4  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 171

489 posts
More
A lot of companies have their buildings wired with network extenders for poor service indoors.... Basically makes it voip for calls, But you will only get 1x/3g data speed, depends on which extender they use
5th September 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

Settings, about, help, icon glossary. I believe it means you are somehow connected to a network extender

I would have done this but I get a toast message or whatever the message is called now saying " unable to find activity to hold this action“

Thank u for the advice about the extender.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by htcdude123; 5th September 2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: app messed up my post
7th September 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 21

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcdude123

I would have done this but I get a toast message or whatever the message is called now saying " unable to find activity to hold this action“

Thank u for the advice about the extender.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

I can confirm that it's a network extender. We have a vacation home in a very poor service area and my previous employer agreed to supply one so that I would be reachable by cell phone (we pretty much live at the vacation house from April through September). The only time I see that icon is when I'm there, and it disappears when I get 30-50 meters away from the house.

I left that company but was told to keep the extender, which is great . . . without it my battery drain is astronomical as the phone would seek and attempt to hold a signal.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread