Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 39,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What kernels can I use?

Tip us?
 
dmrnhs
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 73
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default What kernels can I use?

I'm currently running the GPE rom and everything is smooth. I'm curious though what other kernels I can use. Is it like AOSP where I can use any AOSP kernel or is it like sense and I have to use a Verizon one. Or are sense and GPE the same kernel and be used interchangeably? I think I'm on ElementalX right now. What else is available?

Thanks
 
wtoj34
Old
#2  
wtoj34's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 149
Posts: 608
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrnhs View Post
I'm currently running the GPE rom and everything is smooth. I'm curious though what other kernels I can use. Is it like AOSP where I can use any AOSP kernel or is it like sense and I have to use a Verizon one. Or are sense and GPE the same kernel and be used interchangeably? I think I'm on ElementalX right now. What else is available?

Thanks
Very few for Verizon gpe. As far as I know the only compatible kernels are those in the gpe aroma installer. I'm not too familiar with gpe though so I may be wrong.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,
 
pball52998
Old
#3  
pball52998's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 545
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrnhs View Post
I'm currently running the GPE rom and everything is smooth. I'm curious though what other kernels I can use. Is it like AOSP where I can use any AOSP kernel or is it like sense and I have to use a Verizon one. Or are sense and GPE the same kernel and be used interchangeably? I think I'm on ElementalX right now. What else is available?

Thanks
So far. Skydragon GPE (that's what I use. Works great!), stock, then ElementalX. OP is planning on adding more once the thread gets reopened. I think getting some from the sprint GPE with the help of captain_throwback 😃

Sent from my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. S-OFF.
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Insert Coin And Paranoid Android
Main Wifi Device:
Sensified Locked S3
 
dmrnhs
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 73
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pball52998 View Post
So far. Skydragon GPE (that's what I use. Works great!), stock, then ElementalX. OP is planning on adding more once the thread gets reopened. I think getting some from the sprint GPE with the help of captain_throwback 😃

Sent from my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. S-OFF.
Do you can run any GPE Roms? They don't need to be built specifically for Verizon? Or do the kernels just need to be Verizon? I just don't want to mess up my phone.
 
pball52998
Old
(Last edited by pball52998; 5th July 2014 at 06:16 PM.)
#5  
pball52998's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 545
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrnhs View Post
Do you can run any GPE Roms? They don't need to be built specifically for Verizon? Or do the kernels just need to be Verizon? I just don't want to mess up my phone.
Some kernels are device specific. I would suggest only trying skydragon GPE, elemental, and stock right now. Always make a backup before though. But I'm pretty sure digitalhigh is bringing some from sprint with captain_throwback. So, there might be more coming soon. 😃😃

Sent from my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. S-OFF.

Edit: Adding some stuff..
If you look through the main HTC M8 forum. You will find a lot of different ROMs. A lot of these, you must check. Not just any GPE will run on our phone. You can flash another ROM from a different company with a Super_CID if I'm right. But a lot of other GPE ROMs you see are GSM. Were CDMA. So, just stick with the three kernels for right now.
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Insert Coin And Paranoid Android
Main Wifi Device:
Sensified Locked S3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes