Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 39,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What kernels can I use?

Tip us?

dmrnhs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default What kernels can I use?

I'm currently running the GPE rom and everything is smooth. I'm curious though what other kernels I can use. Is it like AOSP where I can use any AOSP kernel or is it like sense and I have to use a Verizon one. Or are sense and GPE the same kernel and be used interchangeably? I think I'm on ElementalX right now. What else is available?

Thanks

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrnhs View Post
I'm currently running the GPE rom and everything is smooth. I'm curious though what other kernels I can use. Is it like AOSP where I can use any AOSP kernel or is it like sense and I have to use a Verizon one. Or are sense and GPE the same kernel and be used interchangeably? I think I'm on ElementalX right now. What else is available?

Thanks
Very few for Verizon gpe. As far as I know the only compatible kernels are those in the gpe aroma installer. I'm not too familiar with gpe though so I may be wrong.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

pball52998
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:

Thanks
So far. Skydragon GPE (that's what I use. Works great!), stock, then ElementalX. OP is planning on adding more once the thread gets reopened. I think getting some from the sprint GPE with the help of captain_throwback 😃

Sent from my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. S-OFF.
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Insert Coin And Paranoid Android
Main Wifi Device:
Sensified Locked S3

dmrnhs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pball52998 View Post
So far. Skydragon GPE (that's what I use. Works great!), stock, then ElementalX. OP is planning on adding more once the thread gets reopened. I think getting some from the sprint GPE with the help of captain_throwback 😃

Do you can run any GPE Roms? They don't need to be built specifically for Verizon? Or do the kernels just need to be Verizon? I just don't want to mess up my phone.

pball52998
Old
(Last edited by pball52998; 5th July 2014 at 06:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Do you can run any GPE Roms? They don't need to be built specifically for Verizon? Or do the kernels just need to be Verizon? I just don't want to mess up my phone.
Some kernels are device specific. I would suggest only trying skydragon GPE, elemental, and stock right now. Always make a backup before though. But I'm pretty sure digitalhigh is bringing some from sprint with captain_throwback. So, there might be more coming soon. 😃😃

Edit: Adding some stuff..
If you look through the main HTC M8 forum. You will find a lot of different ROMs. A lot of these, you must check. Not just any GPE will run on our phone. You can flash another ROM from a different company with a Super_CID if I'm right. But a lot of other GPE ROMs you see are GSM. Were CDMA. So, just stick with the three kernels for right now.
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Insert Coin And Paranoid Android
Main Wifi Device:
Sensified Locked S3