Ask a question

No registration required

What kernels can I use?

OP dmrnhs

5th July 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

89 posts
I'm currently running the GPE rom and everything is smooth. I'm curious though what other kernels I can use. Is it like AOSP where I can use any AOSP kernel or is it like sense and I have to use a Verizon one. Or are sense and GPE the same kernel and be used interchangeably? I think I'm on ElementalX right now. What else is available?

Thanks
5th July 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 156

636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrnhs

I'm currently running the GPE rom and everything is smooth. I'm curious though what other kernels I can use. Is it like AOSP where I can use any AOSP kernel or is it like sense and I have to use a Verizon one. Or are sense and GPE the same kernel and be used interchangeably? I think I'm on ElementalX right now. What else is available?

Thanks

Very few for Verizon gpe. As far as I know the only compatible kernels are those in the gpe aroma installer. I'm not too familiar with gpe though so I may be wrong.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
5th July 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 169

635 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks

So far. Skydragon GPE (that's what I use. Works great!), stock, then ElementalX. OP is planning on adding more once the thread gets reopened. I think getting some from the sprint GPE with the help of captain_throwback 😃

Sent from my HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. S-OFF.
5th July 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

89 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pball52998

So far. Skydragon GPE (that's what I use. Works great!), stock, then ElementalX. OP is planning on adding more once the thread gets reopened. I think getting some from the sprint GPE with the help of captain_throwback 😃

Do you can run any GPE Roms? They don't need to be built specifically for Verizon? Or do the kernels just need to be Verizon? I just don't want to mess up my phone.
5th July 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 169

635 posts
More
Quote:

Do you can run any GPE Roms? They don't need to be built specifically for Verizon? Or do the kernels just need to be Verizon? I just don't want to mess up my phone.

Some kernels are device specific. I would suggest only trying skydragon GPE, elemental, and stock right now. Always make a backup before though. But I'm pretty sure digitalhigh is bringing some from sprint with captain_throwback. So, there might be more coming soon. 😃😃

Edit: Adding some stuff..
If you look through the main HTC M8 forum. You will find a lot of different ROMs. A lot of these, you must check. Not just any GPE will run on our phone. You can flash another ROM from a different company with a Super_CID if I'm right. But a lot of other GPE ROMs you see are GSM. Were CDMA. So, just stick with the three kernels for right now.
Last edited by pball52998; 5th July 2014 at 07:16 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread