[Q] M8 Stock Recovery help

19th August 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I want to go from TWRP recovery to stock recovery so I can take the latest OTA and update to latest version of viper. When I try to flash stock recovery through fastboot, I can't reboot into recovery, but I can boot into the my current ROM. After I flash TWRP back, I try to RUU using the RUU zip, but it says that "it doesn't have enough space."

My 2 questions are
  • What steps should I take to return to stock so I can update the firmware?
  • On my fastboot menu, it shows the OS - spot as blank, what should I do about that?
19th August 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 44

279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oFumbleSo

I want to go from TWRP recovery to stock recovery so I can take the latest OTA and update to latest version of viper. When I try to flash stock recovery through fastboot, I can't reboot into recovery, but I can boot into the my current ROM. After I flash TWRP back, I try to RUU using the RUU zip, but it says that "it doesn't have enough space."

My 2 questions are

• On my fastboot menu, it shows the OS - spot as blank, what should I do about that?

Have you tried putting the RUU on an SD card and booting into bootloader mode and letting it automatically detect it and install it? This would usually take a few minutes all the way up to 20 minutes, just incase you were expecting something quicker and may have exited out of it previously.

To my knowledge the RUU would/should fix the OS issue as it installs everything again back to stock.
20th August 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 35

237 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oFumbleSo

My 2 questions are

I have had this exact same issue on the last two M8s I've had to RMA, so I have to return them to stock/locked/S-On. I had to use the SD card option that SilentShadows is referencing above to get the stock bootloader on my previous phone. But I can't find my old SD card that I used before now, so I went back to this thread to see if anyone had posted a solution to it from the last time I posted in there asking the same question you have. I found this nice post which may explain it for me at least. I was using my laptop that only has a 120GB SSD that stays pretty full, so that may have been the issue for me. Make sure you have at least 2GBs free on the PC/partition you're flashing the RUU from.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread