Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 49,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phantom touches?

Tip us?

scuccia
Old
Thanks Meter 94
I'm not sure, I only know that HTC gave me a hard time and my device was locked, not relocked. I'd guess that VZW doesn't have a thorough check like HTC does, but it is a risk.

jayochs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,722
hmm. seems like a hardware issue then. i really tried to like the phone..used it for 1 day and then realized it's not for me. although those speakers are amazing, the phone is HUGE for having such a small screen (i'm used to the nice, bezel-less LG G2) so it isn't really worth it for me to spend $350 on. plus, the battery was pretty bad. immediately after taking it off the charger overnight, it dropped to 99% within a minute..within like 30 minutes of morning usage, i was already down to like 82% (which reminded me of the Droid DNA days with it's awful battery...) compared to my G2 which stays at 100% for about 1.5 hours and 20 minutes screen on time. by the time i leave the house in the morning for work, i'm typically at 95%. the M8 was at like 82%. i sometimes get home after work and my G2 is at 75%. the M8 was at 30% after light usage throughout the day. yeah, idc what evreyone says about the M8's battery, it just isn't good enough for me.
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy S Tab 8.4 (white)
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

HTC One M8 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (sold)
Nexus 7 2012 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound (sold)
HTC Evo View 4G

Evocm7
Old
(Last edited by Evocm7; 5th July 2014 at 05:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 345
Wow. That's awful battery life. Almost what I used to get on my rezound. I would definitely have returned my m8 if I got battery life like that. Something must be wrong with yours. I usually get through my 16hr day with about 70% left, even closer to 80% if I don't use it much. I think the best I ever got out of this phone was almost 3 days and over 8 hours screen time. It can sometimes be a chore to get good life out of this phone though. I constantly fight with this thing to get it to sleep but it's mostly issues with Google and their very annoying play services.