Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 40,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firewater S-off Not working i fail at second bottle chugging

Tip us?
 
htcdude123
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Firewater S-off Not working i fail at second bottle chugging

I have been trying to figure this out for the past 4.5 hours. I have searched numerous forums but cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. I am using OSX and thought that might be the source but this is my second HTC One (M8) and I had no problem with the first one.

I have also tried this on a Windows 7 computer and get the same results... as follows, i only put the end after you except the firewater exploit with a "Yes".


!!If firewater hangs for more than 2 minutes or device enters qhusb mode, hold power for 60 seconds !!
================================================== =======================
preparing, one moment


The first bottle is open
chugging..........
whelp, that bottle is empty, opening bottle 2
chugging..........
XXXXXXX-MacBook-Pro: platform-tools XXXXXXX$


has anyone else had an issue with this? Im wondering if the "HTC Sync Manager" that is on the phone is screwing up the process. because im using the WeakSause Temproot and When I'm in the shell waiting for root so i can enter "su" the HTC Sync Manager pops up and knocks me out of the Shell.

Please help this is driving me nuts and is ruining my weekend!
 
aer0zer0
Old
#2  
aer0zer0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 317
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cortland NY
Yes, you gotta uninstall it and leave the driver
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Lodingi
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 205
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Saylorsburg, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
Yes, you gotta uninstall it and leave the driver
This.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
brholt6
Old
#4  
brholt6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 632
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Olathe
If you're on a Mac you can just uninstall HTC sync manager. Don't worry about the drivers.
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired
 
htcdude123
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0 View Post
Yes, you gotta uninstall it and leave the driver
I understand that. I'm talking about the window that pops up when u plug the phone into the computer. It pops a window up for u to install HTC sync. I think it's inturupting the shell commands since root takes 30+ sec for me to get su du to the delay in the weaksause exploit
 
htcdude123
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6 View Post
If you're on a Mac you can just uninstall HTC sync manager. Don't worry about the drivers.
I did uninstall sync. From what I'm reading I think the updated boot loader might be the issue? That is according to other posts. I'm not sure.

It seems like if this is the case the sunshine s-off method is the only choice I have I just want to make triple sure before I invest $25
 
Roefastford
Old
#7  
Roefastford's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 410
Join Date: Oct 2011
Its because firewater no longer works, you have to use the sunshine app now to get s-off. And sunshine is not a donation type of deal, you have to fork over $25 up front if you want s-off and that is $25 per phone. The saying goes nothing is for free anymore, unless you count the polluted air lol. Have to give them credit though as they know they have you over a barrel and they really thought this one through.
 
brholt6
Old
#8  
brholt6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 632
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Olathe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
Its because firewater no longer works, you have to use the sunshine app now to get s-off. And sunshine is not a donation type of deal, you have to fork over $25 up front if you want s-off and that is $25 per phone. The saying goes nothing is for free anymore, unless you count the polluted air lol. Have to give them credit though as they know they have you over a barrel and they really thought this one through.

Edit: just saw your reply in the other thread.
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired
 
Roefastford
Old
#9  
Roefastford's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 410
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by brholt6 View Post
Edit: just saw your reply in the other thread.
Yeah supposedly the exploit for firewater no longer works and it says that when you try to use firewater and it fails. I had it work on the newest software a couple weeks ago, but now it wouldnt work on another verizon m8 I tried for a friend. For all we know the people that made firewater joined in with the team that made sunshine and both share the $25 per device fee. If you think about it that fee probably really adds up to some serious cash. Or for all we know its all done by htc and they are the ones charging the $25 fee as a way to get more money lol, but then they would probably do that on the other models of m8 also, unless sprint, at&t & tmobile requested that htcdev be able to unlock their customers devices. No matter how you look at it someone is making some good money from sunshine.
 
brholt6
Old
#10  
brholt6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 632
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Olathe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
Yeah supposedly the exploit for firewater no longer works and it says that when you try to use firewater and it fails. I had it work on the newest software a couple weeks ago, but now it wouldnt work on another verizon m8 I tried for a friend. For all we know the people that made firewater joined in with the team that made sunshine and both share the $25 per device fee. If you think about it that fee probably really adds up to some serious cash. Or for all we know its all done by htc and they are the ones charging the $25 fee as a way to get more money lol, but then they would probably do that on the other models of m8 also, unless sprint, at&t & tmobile requested that htcdev be able to unlock their customers devices. No matter how you look at it someone is making some good money from sunshine.
Makes sense I suppose...better save my old download haha. I did donate to the firewater team twice when it first came out for the m7, though.
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes