FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[q] htc m8 verizon update lolipop

7th March 2015, 11:33 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manipal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello XDA.I came 2 know verizon has rolled out android lollipop.But I am not able to upgrade using HTC sync manager.When I Purchased the phone it was 4.4.2 then using HTC sync manager i got updated to 4.4.4.I tried to search for update but it says there is no new update Please help.I am using non verizon sim there is no option for me to access cdma network
The Following User Says Thank You to XENON36O For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
7th March 2015, 12:00 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
I pulled the update just fine,maybe you need a verizon the sim or active act
7th March 2015, 04:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manipal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider210

I pulled the update just fine,maybe you need a verizon the sim or active act

But when i upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 i did not use verizon sim card I was using indian gsm sim card and everything was smooth.Hey did u use htc sync manager to update or by ota using wifi?
7th March 2015, 05:38 PM |#4  
dottat's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 2,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XENON36O

But when i upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 i did not use verizon sim card I was using indian gsm sim card and everything was smooth.Hey did u use htc sync manager to update or by ota using wifi?

What you are needing it not available yet. Also, If you aren't S-off I would be very careful about updating.. Many non-vzw users reporting no cell service after L upgrade due to lack of apn support and they are not editable.
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2015, 12:00 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manipal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

What you are needing it not available yet. Also, If you aren't S-off I would be very careful about updating.. Many non-vzw users reporting no cell service after L upgrade due to lack of apn support and they are not editable.

hey dotat thanks for info.So What u mean is if i use non verizon sim i cannot use normal gsm network and internet too?
8th March 2015, 12:26 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Ruse
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

What you are needing it not available yet. Also, If you aren't S-off I would be very careful about updating.. Many non-vzw users reporting no cell service after L upgrade due to lack of apn support and they are not editable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XENON36O

hey dotat thanks for info.So What u mean is if i use non verizon sim i cannot use normal gsm network and internet too?

I am using my Verizon HTC One M8 international, updated via RUU and having no problems at all. The only thing I did is to add my carrier APN. I don't know is it just me but I have option to add new APNs. Completely stock
8th March 2015, 06:36 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Manipal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello 92, I have few question
1-when u updated verizon m8 to lolipop using ruu were u s-off and rooted?
2-do u have the link for ruu (lolipop) for download
3-is it a exe file just double click and it will do the rest


I AM USING HTC M8 VERIZON UNLOCKED TO ANY NETWORK.
8th March 2015, 06:50 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider210

I pulled the update just fine,maybe you need a verizon the sim or active act

Got My update from VZW OTA on Friday, 3/6/2015 With no Problem. I am S off Unlocked, and it sailed through.
Came in 2 segments. I did however have to go back and do an update search for the second segment, which was over 800MB.
Definately want to use WiFi. Took quite a while to complete.
8th March 2015, 06:53 PM |#9  
calichelozano's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheateR92

I am using my Verizon HTC One M8 international, updated via RUU and having no problems at all. The only thing I did is to add my carrier APN. I don't know is it just me but I have option to add new APNs. Completely stock

Hey bro. I just bought a verizon m8 and I'm at Colombia. I'm on stock 4.4.4 , well half roooted with weaksauce 2...but it doesn't fully root. How can I do it? And how can I update "ruu" like you said? Could you please share some links? Thanks!
8th March 2015, 07:02 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag In the wind
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Sunshine3 when released. Don't take LP 5.01 until S-Off or root may not be possible.
Last edited by schneid; 8th March 2015 at 07:05 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes