Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Can't root/s-off my gf's M8!

Tip us?

irbane
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default (Q) Can't root/s-off my gf's M8!

I had no problems rooting and getting s-off on my M8 months ago when the exploit was released. I used the weaksauce/firewater method. Now when I try to do the same thing to my gf's M8 it won't work. It's running stock 4.4.2. any ideas? I run weaksauce -> download/run supersu -> try to update the binaries but it keeps saying installation failed. need help! thanks
VZW Galaxy Nexus: BAMF Paradigm 2.3
16GB Nexus 7: Stock

lucky_strike33
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbane View Post
I had no problems rooting and getting s-off on my M8 months ago when the exploit was released. I used the weaksauce/firewater method. Now when I try to do the same thing to my gf's M8 it won't work. It's running stock 4.4.2. any ideas? I run weaksauce -> download/run supersu -> try to update the binaries but it keeps saying installation failed. need help! thanks
Reboot your phone. Wait for a pop up message that shows phone is rooted then run super su? Have you downloaded any rooted apps like root explorer? Reason I asked is because once you run the app supoeruser should pop up.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
You're getting stuck on weaksauce? Try to uninstall everything, reboot, then re-download weaksauce and install again. Sometimes the root won't apply correctly.

If firewater doesn't work, you might have to use sunshine.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

irbane
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike33 View Post
Reboot your phone. Wait for a pop up message that shows phone is rooted then run super su? Have you downloaded any rooted apps like root explorer? Reason I asked is because once you run the app supoeruser should pop up.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
You're getting stuck on weaksauce? Try to uninstall everything, reboot, then re-download weaksauce and install again. Sometimes the root won't apply correctly.

If firewater doesn't work, you might have to use sunshine.

no rooted apps. I factory reset her phone before trying the root/s-off and it wouldn't take. after i reboot the phone, the toast message doesnt show up unless i run weaksauce again
VZW Galaxy Nexus: BAMF Paradigm 2.3
16GB Nexus 7: Stock

beaups
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5546

DONATE TO ME
It just takes a couple minutes to reroot after every reboot. And where in the instructions are you seeing to download and run supersu? Don't do that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
no rooted apps. I factory reset her phone before trying the root/s-off and it wouldn't take. after i reboot the phone, the toast message doesnt show up unless i run weaksauce again
I had the same issue when I first installed weaksauce. It was weird, root checker said I was rooted, but weaksauce would not reroot when I rebooted my device. I just downloaded a fresh copy and ran it again, and it worked perfectly the second time.