FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

(Q) Can't root/s-off my gf's M8!

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By irbane, Member on 7th July 2014, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I had no problems rooting and getting s-off on my M8 months ago when the exploit was released. I used the weaksauce/firewater method. Now when I try to do the same thing to my gf's M8 it won't work. It's running stock 4.4.2. any ideas? I run weaksauce -> download/run supersu -> try to update the binaries but it keeps saying installation failed. need help! thanks
 
 
7th July 2014, 04:30 PM |#2  
lucky_strike33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbane

I had no problems rooting and getting s-off on my M8 months ago when the exploit was released. I used the weaksauce/firewater method. Now when I try to do the same thing to my gf's M8 it won't work. It's running stock 4.4.2. any ideas? I run weaksauce -> download/run supersu -> try to update the binaries but it keeps saying installation failed. need help! thanks

Reboot your phone. Wait for a pop up message that shows phone is rooted then run super su? Have you downloaded any rooted apps like root explorer? Reason I asked is because once you run the app supoeruser should pop up.


Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app
7th July 2014, 04:34 PM |#3  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 861
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbane

I had no problems rooting and getting s-off on my M8 months ago when the exploit was released. I used the weaksauce/firewater method. Now when I try to do the same thing to my gf's M8 it won't work. It's running stock 4.4.2. any ideas? I run weaksauce -> download/run supersu -> try to update the binaries but it keeps saying installation failed. need help! thanks

You're getting stuck on weaksauce? Try to uninstall everything, reboot, then re-download weaksauce and install again. Sometimes the root won't apply correctly.

If firewater doesn't work, you might have to use sunshine.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
7th July 2014, 04:48 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike33

Reboot your phone. Wait for a pop up message that shows phone is rooted then run super su? Have you downloaded any rooted apps like root explorer? Reason I asked is because once you run the app supoeruser should pop up.


Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app


Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

You're getting stuck on weaksauce? Try to uninstall everything, reboot, then re-download weaksauce and install again. Sometimes the root won't apply correctly.

If firewater doesn't work, you might have to use sunshine.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

no rooted apps. I factory reset her phone before trying the root/s-off and it wouldn't take. after i reboot the phone, the toast message doesnt show up unless i run weaksauce again
7th July 2014, 04:52 PM |#5  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,993
 
Donate to Me
More
It just takes a couple minutes to reroot after every reboot. And where in the instructions are you seeing to download and run supersu? Don't do that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
7th July 2014, 06:52 PM |#6  
BadUsername's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 861
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbane

no rooted apps. I factory reset her phone before trying the root/s-off and it wouldn't take. after i reboot the phone, the toast message doesnt show up unless i run weaksauce again

I had the same issue when I first installed weaksauce. It was weird, root checker said I was rooted, but weaksauce would not reroot when I rebooted my device. I just downloaded a fresh copy and ran it again, and it worked perfectly the second time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes